Equilibrium

Soldato
james.miller said:
a lot of them dont smile lol. Noly really partridge (Sean Bean), Preston at the end of the film (Bale) and Father (Sean Pertwee) really showed any emotion in the film. Oh and Presonts kids towards the end of the film.

Explain the confusion, and changing emotions on Christian Bale's face during his interview with his immediate superior when asked "and how did this make you feel".. whilst fairly dead pan he did show indications of an emotion. Immediately prior to this scene you had a 'stirring speech' being given to an audience who enthusiastically responded, albeit deadpan. Such a speech shouldn't have even stirred them slightly given the drugs they were taking, it wasn't impressive intellectually or anything, just a typical rousing speech entirely innapropriate to an audeince incapable of being aroused.

Associate
Nismo said:
Decent film considering it had such a low budget IIRC.

also heard this

I enjoyed it too. Liked the fact that without a ridiculous budget they still produced something very watchable. I just feel that some films are budget/sfx over content :\.

Soldato
Wasnt it made before the matrix? but not released till after

Im sure I heard that somewhere

I like it, sure its never gonna set the word alight but its still an enjoyable watch,
Christian Bale is ace

Soldato
I like it.

I take all the points people have made, and I agree. It rips off 1984 and Brave New World - in its' basic premise at least.

Budget shows in places, and Bateman carris the film in places, but its still well worth a watch!

Soldato
I thought it was better than The Godfather.

A totally random post into the thread - I could see the point in comparing it to similar films or even films of the same genre.
This is a little like comparing apples to oranges.

However don't get me started on the Godfather - overrated as far as I'm concerned and doesn't feature in my top ten films.
...but then that would be a topic of a completely different thread.

Associate
Triad2000 said:
Haha... did anyone see this one? Apart from the dodgy unconvincing CGI and blatant Matrix rips it was quite amusing, although I am sure I was laughing when I wasn't supposed to.

care to explain where the "blatant matrix rips" are in the film?

Personally i thought it was a good film with an interesting concept. Plus Christian Bale is a ledge.

Back
Top Bottom