esata probs with the abit ip35 pro

Soldato
I thought I would try my esata out, so I changed it from ide to ahci mode in the bios..

dscf0008ws.jpg

Windows loaded fine and found 2 more device drivers, but when it finished installing them, they didnt work(yellow marker by the side of them)... So I thought ok then, and deleted everything out of the "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers", so when it rebooted it had to detected them all again, including the ones that failed..... It re detected all drivers fine, including the drivers it failed with before,, so I thought great.... Untill I tried the esata hdd.. It just hung and wouldnt run "my computer" until I had turned it back off:mad:

Ive figgered out theres 2 ways the esata drive works........
1 If the drive is on when comp boots up
2 If I use ide mode, but then windows dosent automatically detected the hdd and I have to click on "scan for new hardware" from the device manager each time I wanted to use the hdd.

So is their a fix for this prob at all?

Man of Honour
I've never found switching from ide to ahci after the OS install works too well... infact on XP it won't work at all usually.

eSATA has always been a pain - generally in IDE mode you can plug a drive in before booting and it will showup like a regular HDD - but AHCI mode (for hotplugging) or motherboards that only allow you to use eSATA in AHCI have always been problematic.

Soldato
I would also download the latest drivers for the JMicron from their site before reinstalling so that you can install them with F6 at start of install.

Back
Top Bottom