Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Might hit Kappa this wipe.

Had my most stressful raid ever yesterday going for 3 bolt action kills in a single woods raid, got 1 within 2 minutes, 2nd 12 minutes in then I had a 15 minute run around with the 3rd guy who really made me work for that final kill.

Only have dorms, night time kills and one tremor headshot missions left.

Rom

Rom

Associate
How's the game run for people. Before I started a thread, thought I'd ask here.

I know it's poorly optimised. Just wanted to see what others experience. I'm at 1440p, rig is in my sig. Mixed settings (streamers, trying to see people easier rather than look prettiest)

So fullscreen, in menu, I hit 450. Offline raid, 180-200.
Gpu sits 85-95% in offline raid and menu, loading screens.
Online 110-130 mostly. Gpu sits around 50-60%.
Loading into raid, gpu is 85+, frames are high. As soon as I spawn, frames drop, gpu drops to 50-60%.

If I play bordeless, frames are the same as fullscreen mostly. Around 120, doesnt change much if I'm online, offline, menu etc. In menu, bordeless, will never exceed my refresh of 144 (saw 145 once)
If I alt tab out, the frames increase?! Then decrease when I alt tab back in.

I'm using the vsync on, off in nvcp work around.
I've tried disabling fullscreen optimisations, not much difference.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know online will lose fps to offline. But 80?! The gpu isn't trying very hard, so that explains the lose. Rather than gpu still 95%.
Is this just down to Tarkov? My specs are pretty high. Cpu sits around 30-40% mostly, so it's not bottlenecking. No cores are being anywhere near maxed.

Soldato
How's the game run for people. Before I started a thread, thought I'd ask here.

I know it's poorly optimised. Just wanted to see what others experience. I'm at 1440p, rig is in my sig. Mixed settings (streamers, trying to see people easier rather than look prettiest)

So fullscreen, in menu, I hit 450. Offline raid, 180-200.
Gpu sits 85-95% in offline raid and menu, loading screens.
Online 110-130 mostly. Gpu sits around 50-60%.
Loading into raid, gpu is 85+, frames are high. As soon as I spawn, frames drop, gpu drops to 50-60%.

If I play bordeless, frames are the same as fullscreen mostly. Around 120, doesnt change much if I'm online, offline, menu etc. In menu, bordeless, will never exceed my refresh of 144 (saw 145 once)
If I alt tab out, the frames increase?! Then decrease when I alt tab back in.

I'm using the vsync on, off in nvcp work around.
I've tried disabling fullscreen optimisations, not much difference.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know online will lose fps to offline. But 80?! The gpu isn't trying very hard, so that explains the lose. Rather than gpu still 95%.
Is this just down to Tarkov? My specs are pretty high. Cpu sits around 30-40% mostly, so it's not bottlenecking. No cores are being anywhere near maxed.

I need to do more testing tonight. I think CPU lasso might still be a requirement for AMD processors.

Specs are 3700x, 32GB Ram @ 3200, RTX 3700 FE. I only got to test one online raid (Scav) on shoreline using CPU lasso but it looked like a 10-15 fps increase. Basically using CPU lasso to enable only cores 0,2,4,6 and 8. Game is really not optimized unfortunately. FPS was about 80-90, sometimes over 100 but also sometimes dipping back down to 60's 70s. It really depends on the area of the map, weather, AI/players near by etc.

On the plus side i'm smashing Control on ultra settings and hitting 80-90 fps at 1440p xD

Associate
In regards to performance, if you're using an AMD CPU I'd strongly recommend not enabling the "Use physical cores only" option. Also the game eats up RAM, especially on bigger maps, so enable the RAM cleaner if you're using 16GB or less. My system can use up to 17GB of system RAM on shoreline for example. The game used to stutter like mad when I used physical cores only and had 16GB of memory, now it runs like butter but not to dissimilar to the above poster.

I'm on an R5 3600, 5700XT, 32GB Ram and performance generally sits around 80-90 fps, occasionally up to 110 and as low as the 60s at 1440p. Depend entirely on nearby players and how big the map is etc.. Edit: Just remembered that I have Radeon Chill enabled as well which will cause the framerate to drop when there's less action on screen.

Last edited:

Rom

Rom

Associate
In regards to performance, if you're using an AMD CPU I'd strongly recommend not enabling the "Use physical cores only" option. Also the game eats up RAM, especially on bigger maps, so enable the RAM cleaner if you're using 16GB or less. My system can use up to 17GB of system RAM on shoreline for example. The game used to stutter like mad when I used physical cores only and had 16GB of memory, now it runs like butter but not to dissimilar to the above poster.

I'm on an R5 3600, 5700XT, 32GB Ram and performance generally sits around 80-90 fps, occasionally up to 110 and as low as the 60s at 1440p. Depend entirely on nearby players and how big the map is etc.. Edit: Just remembered that I have Radeon Chill enabled as well which will cause the framerate to drop when there's less action on screen.

I have both the cores and ram unticked. I have 32gb, sit around 50% in game.

Does anyone know more about how borderless works, with gsync. Im sure my frames are capped in borderless to monitor refresh somehow.

Rom

Rom

Associate
I've ran through most of these before.

I do have high quality colour on though, so I'll try it off tonight.

I'm not getting bad fps, just confused why it won't fully utilise my gpu really.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I've ran through most of these before.

I do have high quality colour on though, so I'll try it off tonight.

I'm not getting bad fps, just confused why it won't fully utilise my gpu really.
Because it's an unoptimized mess? Sometimes you just can't brute force things.

Associate
It's just weird performance wise but as long as you're hovering around the 80-110 range, with no stuttering, I'd be happy. The game isn't exactly a twitch shooter.

Really starting to see the game open up now with most traders at level 3 and some passive income coming in.

Soldato
Thats what really made me take a break, the unreliability of the netcode in close quarters. Kind of felt like i'd done all the hard work to get there then the firefight is a toss up. Unfortunately got fed up with a scav case full of bitcoin lol, but couldnt bring myself to play. Maybe skip a swipe and try again later.

Associate
I've had a lot more consistent firefights from selecting UK only servers and the population/wait times haven't changed from an Auto EUR selection.

I had a couple of games where I got killed from around a corner and, on my end, they never came around the corner, or peeked, to get the shot off. I have no patience for instances like this which is why I changed to UK only servers.

Soldato
Mad run last night, scav to Interchange with a mate to help him find Cordura for a quest. He suddenly shouts he's dead, Killa is in Viking. I double back with my trusty mosin, then realise i'm never going to kill him with that. I creep up to viking, just about to go in and find a dead PMC with a P90 and about 40 rounds. Sneak in, spray down killa, get the kill.

Best part...loot him and find a blue key card worth 16 million.

Between me and the guys I play with, we've probably got in excess of 8000 hours combined and we've never seen a keycard found in raid, big day :)

Soldato
I’m so lazy but I really need to test each EU server 1 by 1. The net code or servers have been absolutely terrible the last 2 weeks. The patch today has fixed none of the network issues in my eyes. Best FPS I’ve played in years that is slowly being ruined by coin toss fights and the battle vs desync

Back
Top Bottom