Escape from Tarkov

Associate
I got into this game recently, fallen in love with it too tbh. The only issue I have is even though I have a better PC than my friends, is that the game will often stutter after I play a handful of games, if I alt tab to click on something in discord or if I go to open a new tab in chrome. I've tried ticking the box that people with AMD CPU's are meant to and even checking the box for RAM cleaner. I've recently watch another video where i was told to check the box for overriding the DPI in the compatibility section of properties.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I'm 8 or so quests away from my first Kappa, I'm on 5/12 on Grenadier which is my roadblock at the moment, I mostly take grenades but forget to use them when things get tense :D

Not looking forward to attempting the 3 bolt actions on Woods now the map is absolutely ******* massive.

Associate
I'm 8 or so quests away from my first Kappa, I'm on 5/12 on Grenadier which is my roadblock at the moment, I mostly take grenades but forget to use them when things get tense :D

Not looking forward to attempting the 3 bolt actions on Woods now the map is absolutely ******* massive.

I'm not quite there yet but not sure I'll enjoy the PvP quests, i enjoy the scavenging & survival element really. I don't shy away from a fight but don't go looking either, tbh some of the most fun I have is seeing an ultra geared Chad appear and trying to escape them or (very occasionally) taking them down :D I watch streamers jumping around like super heroes and it just doesn't seem like what the game is supposed to be ...

Soldato

stock up on them and go factory for grenade kills - you can knock it out fairly quickly.....

Soldato
I'm not quite there yet but not sure I'll enjoy the PvP quests, i enjoy the scavenging & survival element really. I don't shy away from a fight but don't go looking either, tbh some of the most fun I have is seeing an ultra geared Chad appear and trying to escape them or (very occasionally) taking them down :D I watch streamers jumping around like super heroes and it just doesn't seem like what the game is supposed to be ...

When you get strength and stamina to LVL 50 (max) - then you can jump further/run longer - it's like another game they are playing....

guess that's what 10-12 hours a day gets you!

Soldato
Looks like Tarkov has burned me out....

12 months/3 wipes and I'm done with it for now....Will await from more updates/Streets map etc - to be fair I've hammer the crap out of it for the last 12/14 months so need a break.

Amazing game but needs new map badly...It just a top tier ammo/armourfest now - Nothing but the best gear needed.

Too easy still to make money (bitcoin at 654k today) - circa 2 million a day without trying when bitcoin farm up and running - no need to scav which takes away some of the fun of the game. Leaves just PMC runs all the time.

Associate
Looks like Tarkov has burned me out....

12 months/3 wipes and I'm done with it for now....Will await from more updates/Streets map etc - to be fair I've hammer the crap out of it for the last 12/14 months so need a break.

Amazing game but needs new map badly...It just a top tier ammo/armourfest now - Nothing but the best gear needed.

Too easy still to make money (bitcoin at 654k today) - circa 2 million a day without trying when bitcoin farm up and running - no need to scav which takes away some of the fun of the game. Leaves just PMC runs all the time.

Its going to be a slog going solo!

Associate

I do wonder how they'll balance this when it's properly released, keep the wipes going? Doesn't really 'fit' with the game and I'm sure they've said no wipes on release. Everyone having top end gear takes out a big, fun, part of game.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I do wonder how they'll balance this when it's properly released, keep the wipes going? Doesn't really 'fit' with the game and I'm sure they've said no wipes on release. Everyone having top end gear takes out a big, fun, part of game.
I'm a big advocate for nuking the economy big style (as is Nikita himself) but it will kill the game off for the vast majority if it happened. I'd rather people be running around with trash gear constantly and even class 4 armour being a rare find. I haven't actually touched the game in nearly two weeks but I wasn't that far in to the tasks, level 30 and just done the Stash 3 hideout and the game just is too easy. I don't feel the survival element at all anymore, I just make stupid money on one or two runs and buy whatever the hell I like and run with it. Shame really.

Soldato
I'm a big advocate for nuking the economy big style (as is Nikita himself) but it will kill the game off for the vast majority if it happened. I'd rather people be running around with trash gear constantly and even class 4 armour being a rare find. I haven't actually touched the game in nearly two weeks but I wasn't that far in to the tasks, level 30 and just done the Stash 3 hideout and the game just is too easy. I don't feel the survival element at all anymore, I just make stupid money on one or two runs and buy whatever the hell I like and run with it. Shame really.

yes - I agree - it's hard to find a balance between the real hardcore players and the slightly more casual player. The biggest issue for me this wipe is the price of bitcoin - 650k each....Remove that or at least bring it back to 150k max etc as it was about 9 months ago and you slow things down a lot....

You can loose 2/3/4 million in gear in a day and still be well up at the end of the day selling bitcoin/moonshine and some scav run stuff....

Associate
I've not played the last couple of wipes, didn't realise the bitcoin price had risen so much, that is rediculous from balance point of view.

My worry is that the game has been like this for so long it's going to be difficult to make the big changes it needs, fingers crossed though as there's nothing like it when it's good

bJN

bJN

Soldato
yes - I agree - it's hard to find a balance between the real hardcore players and the slightly more casual player. The biggest issue for me this wipe is the price of bitcoin - 650k each....Remove that or at least bring it back to 150k max etc as it was about 9 months ago and you slow things down a lot....

You can loose 2/3/4 million in gear in a day and still be well up at the end of the day selling bitcoin/moonshine and some scav run stuff....
Thing is I haven't even started the bitcoin farm and still don't struggle for money! Personally I think it was a stupid addition to the game but again I'm sure the player base would be in uproar if it just disappeared.

Soldato
Thing is I haven't even started the bitcoin farm and still don't struggle for money! Personally I think it was a stupid addition to the game but again I'm sure the player base would be in uproar if it just disappeared.

About 10 days ago I stopped cashing in my bitcoins to see if I could manage, hovering around the 5 million mark but did do a 21mil thicc case trade.

I personally like to see removal of btc and flea, get folks looting for that top tier ammo and meta builds :) Or at least hardcore servers with it disabled but would fragment player base too much.

Having lots of fun since getting Kappa, mostly helping others along with their missions.

Associate
How are people finding this game? This is my first wipe playing and I got SUPER into it, but then I hit kappa and have only played like once or twice (in 2 months since). I started playing labs and was just running into constant cheaters and it killed it for me :( shame cause I loved it before then

Associate
Its the sort of game you do end up putting down and coming back to as the core of it is so good. They really need to sort out the hideous quests though not sure I can play through them again ...

Associate
Yeah I can feel that. I know 100% I'll be going back to it when there's a new wipe, I just don't see me doing it before then.

Some of the quests are so annoying man! That one on woods, 3 kills in 1 raid or something is surprisingly hard, it took me sooooo long but was so satisfying in the end.

Soldato
How are people finding this game? This is my first wipe playing and I got SUPER into it, but then I hit kappa and have only played like once or twice (in 2 months since). I started playing labs and was just running into constant cheaters and it killed it for me :( shame cause I loved it before then

Similar for me, particularly around labs and the constant cheaters

Back
Top Bottom