ESET Smart Security vs Kaspersky Internet Security

Associate
Hi!

I would like to buy an Antivirus Protection for my PC.
My processor: Intel Core i7 4860HQ
Memory: 8gb DDR3
I have 512GB SSD.

Which is the Right Choice? The Eset Smart Security or The Kaspersky Internet Security 2019?

Thank you

Soldato
I have used NOD32 for many years on my main PC. More than happy with it.
I kind of stick with Avast on my lesser PCs for its free version. Im not overly happy with it anymore, but it is a good AV
Kaspersky is rated fairly highly, but I dont rate it much at all.

I have a CD that a group of us gathered up a whole load of virus infected files, and there is over 160,000 infected files on that disk, and NOD32 found every single one, Avast missed a few, but Kaspunksky missed a few thousand.

What was rotten about that, is that the CD we stopped adding to it years ago, when we were on XP I think, and most viruses kind of have similar codes, and so that was a bad thing for it to miss them when checking.

Plus, the time it took to check them too was rather embarrassing when compared to NOD32. NOD32 took about 6 minutes IIRC and Kaspersky took almost an hour.

Sure, things change over time and so that should be different now, but for me... The dammage was done.

Man of Honour
Hi!

I would like to buy an Antivirus Protection for my PC.
My processor: Intel Core i7 4860HQ
Memory: 8gb DDR3
I have 512GB SSD.

Which is the Right Choice? The Eset Smart Security or The Kaspersky Internet Security 2019?

Thank you

I use eset on my domain machines and it's a solid product. For a home machine as stated by others in here I just don't tend to bother probably because these days I also use UTM (Unified threat management) and Intrusion detection on my firewall which mitigates against most things. Even so if your on windows 10 and it's a gaming/personal machine id just stick with defender.

Associate
Is it not he fact that windows security software is better or more reliable than retail software, It is the fact ms security software is free that is why it is so popular, Not to mention i think the ms one is pretty basic compared to retail software offerings (could be wrong ofc)
Eset all the way.

Back
Top Bottom