Essential iPhone Apps

Soldato
Is a way to fully cache a single YouTube video so you can listen/watch later?

Is there a way to do it on YouTube? Just like the workaround where you can play a YouTube video from any browser then lock the screen and hit play so you can listen to the video without the screen being on.

A lot of the podcasts I enjoy are video recorded and I'd love to watch them without using up my data plan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys, is there an app or a way to have Chrome open links in emails etc rather than Safari? When I had my iPhone 4 which was Jailbroken, I used an app called 'Browser Changer' but the current iPhone 5 I have at the mo' isn't JB'd, is there any other way to achieve this? Ta.

Soldato
The best iOS tax calculator app I've used:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/uk-salary-calculator-for-ios/id945807341?mt=8

Has a useful "net to gross" feature that lets you calculate what your salary needs to be for a desired take home pay.

The developer seems to keep it up to date regularly with the latest tax rules and it has lots of useful options to ensure the calculation is accurate for your specific situation

Soldato
Is a way to fully cache a single YouTube video so you can listen/watch later?

Found a method, all you do is insert DLV into the URL!! :D

Example:

STANDARD
m.youtube.com/watch?v=waymSm5lP-k

CACHED
m.dlvyoutube.com/watch?v=waymSm5lP-k

Obviously we're using safari so it's not downloading anything but instead it wipes from the cache once you close the tab just like watching a regular youtube video in safari (which you can only do by replacing www. with m.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom