Essential iPhone Apps

Soldato
What the?! Twice in one night!!!
Either my spelling has suddenly deteriorated or the grammer nazis are out in full force :p

Either way, I apologise.... I'm gunna go ahead and blame the horrific headache I'm currently suffering with for todays spelling mistakes :p

EDIT: You could at least comment on the awesome app I suggested :p You're going off-topic... bannable offence if you ask me :p :D

Last edited:
Commissario
Heh heh heh, I don't think I've ever done the grammar nazi thing before, I must have been a bit touchy last night.

I looked at the app after I recovered ;) and it looks good, but I feel it's slightly overpriced. At 59p I'd buy it without hesitation but at £1.19, I'll have to ponder it for a few days.

Soldato
I was also skeptical with throwing that amount at an app - I normally avoid anything over 59p because I'm a tight sod :p

However, this app made me immediately feel the need to show everyone I knew within a one mile radius :p It's pretty impressive tech :p I spent a good 15 minutes scanning random barcodes in my room - how sad :p :D

Permabanned
Geo Defense: Swarm is SO addictive, me and some friends at college were huddled around my phone trying to think of strategies to pass the harder levels.

Strategic turret placement. :D

Soldato
Just incase anyone has missed this - I just brought the "RedLaser" app! It's fantastic! One of the most amazing apps I've seen on the iPhone yet!

Basically, if you're in a shop and you see (for example) Call of Duty 4 for the PC priced at £17.99 - Just grab the game off the shelf and let RedLaser tag the barcode on the back - the app will read the code and then search the net (Amazon and Google Product Search) for the best price for the game. You find it at a more reasonable £9.99 and run back home to order it online :D

Awesome :D

awsome, just found fallout 3 for £11!

Soldato
Damn, need 3.1 firmware for redlaser, only on 3.0.1 at the moment.

Its dead in the office today and could have gone round scanning everything in sight for something to do :D

Soldato
Anyone got FIFA10 for iPhone yet? Released today, £5.99 though!
Ya I saw this... was going to get it but then I saw the price tag :eek: I've only seen one review of it on youtube - but they said the controls were really over-complicated :( Will hold fire for now I think...

Soldato
Damn, need 3.1 firmware for redlaser, only on 3.0.1 at the moment.

Its dead in the office today and could have gone round scanning everything in sight for something to do :D

That's because you can't get a frame feed into your application on 3.0.1..

Associate
I came across this app recently and I think it is one of the best apps on the iPhone.

- VIP ACCESS

It works bit like the Barclays PINsentry but for eBay and Paypal, and some other sites.

Soldato
I scanned in last months Stuff magazine and it came up with a Wine Gift Set at £59.. um.
Haha most times it is accurate :p You can always type in the barcode number instead of scanning it - or maybe it just shares the same barcode :p

Man of Honour
Yeah it finds most things that you could buy on the web but obviously doesn't like things you wouldn't. Either says just the manufacturer or comes up with something random.

/goes off to scan more house hold items

Back
Top Bottom