Essential iPhone Apps

Soldato
looks nice but like modern combat its gonna drain the battery fast:/ compared to monkey island and beneath a steel sky both which hard hit the battery for me. modern combat i find my self needing to charge after a good play.

Caporegime
LogMeIn Ignition has been reduced by £5 to £11.99 - whats better out of this and Jaadu and any hidden costs/issues using this on SL MBP or Win7 PC?

Tempted to pick one up - I presume I can use them to remote desktop in from a normal PC aswell as my iPhone? Or do I need to get another license?...

BTW - unsure if its a dodgy question but can you make a US account as theres a few streaming apps that are US only out that Id like to try while they are still free!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone got SimCity for it?...always interested in this game...never played...but seemd to make more sense knowing I could carry it about.

ohh got the Guardian App, very very good, everything is formatted perfectly, easy to read..and the customisation for the hompage is very very nice too.

Plus..you can decide what offline content you want to download say in the morning..carry it about so you can read it later, you choose via Uk News/ Sport/ Cultture section etc etc..and it will download that specific type of section.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can make an Australian/New Zealand account to get released games earlier; no idea of the legalities of either.
Unfortunately one of the apps in question definitely is US only - Dragon Dictates which is a speech-to-text engine and is free at the moment since launch. Doubt it will be once it goes International...

Soldato
Unfortunately one of the apps in question definitely is US only - Dragon Dictates which is a speech-to-text engine and is free at the moment since launch. Doubt it will be once it goes International...

ive pondering this as well as that isdefo one app id love to have

Soldato
NOVA is superb! Best looking FPS game I have played on the iphone by far. I can't believe how good the graphics are, amazing what they can create on a phone now!!

Seems pretty fluid too, on my lowly old 3G, which is great.

Haven't played a lot of it yet, but after 10mins playing single player I am impressed. Well worth £3.99 IMHO

Back
Top Bottom