Estimate when 360's will be in good stock everywhere?

Soldato
one good thing it has in its favour is that there are no major holidays coming up for prezzie.
If you look at the PSP, they started to get regular stock then bang, along comes christmas, although i bet they where not complaining.
I would say much the same as everyone else, towards the end of Feb, although i think it will depend where you stay, will see how much pre orders to get through.

Soldato
i rang my local game's today as my xbox died, trying to get a quick core replacement from them, they siad none until the 26th of this month, so ive rang M$ and they are sending the coffin, itl probs be quicker

Associate
the whole launch has been so shambolic that my interest in the console has waned considerably. you can only see the sign 'out of stock' so many times before moving on to other things.

Caporegime
martinbeaver said:
the whole launch has been so shambolic that my interest in the console has waned considerably. you can only see the sign 'out of stock' so many times before moving on to other things.

they should have left the Japanese launch while later since (as expected due to a poor line-up) it's absolutely bombed in the land of the rising sun, there's probably hundreds of thousands of consoles sat in warehouses over there.

Associate
mmj_uk said:
they should have left the Japanese launch while later since (as expected due to a poor line-up) it's absolutely bombed in the land of the rising sun, there's probably hundreds of thousands of consoles sat in warehouses over there.

hundreds of thousands? thats more than Europe got :confused:

There's thousands of Japs online with Ridge Racer 6

Soldato
I think it will be April at least to be honest - fabrication, despatch, and back orders longer than I am tall ( 6ft+) its going to be months befor eyou can actually walk in and buy one

What really annoys me is that M$ are advertising so hard as if you can just go in and buy one , which is total carp - every film i have gone to see since Xmas ( about 3) there have been one or two 360 ads before the trailers, yet can anyone aactually get one, yeahhh right

Caporegime
SC04 said:
hundreds of thousands? thats more than Europe got :confused:

There's thousands of Japs online with Ridge Racer 6

Around 80,000 consoles have been sold in Japan in total since release and Microsoft were supposed to have shipped around 200,000 there ready for just the launch, Europe got about twice that or so I am lead to believe.

I'm sure there are thousands of Japs online but the original xbox which did poorly in Japan overall outsold 360 almost three-fold in the first week and with better software sales, so the 360 launch there has been a disaster so far.

Soldato
mmj_uk said:
Around 80,000 consoles have been sold in Japan in total since release and Microsoft were supposed to have shipped around 200,000 there ready for just the launch, Europe got about twice that or so I am lead to believe.

I'm sure there are thousands of Japs online but the original xbox which did poorly in Japan overall outsold 360 almost three-fold in the first week and with better software sales, so the 360 launch there has been a disaster so far.

The initial reports of hundreds of thousands of XB360's being shipped to Japan for launch have been labelled as 'completely false'.

Caporegime
Im debating wether or not to have a look today, theres a few places i could try, but im beginning to think its waste of time, and i may as well just wait till Game phone me in a week or so. :(

Caporegime
lordrobs said:
If there is a Toys R Us near you i'd give that a try first. When I got mine on new years eve it was the only place in/around Norwich to have stock.

Yeah i phoned those, but they said to call back tomorrow as they were closed today doing a stock take, went out and about again, still no luck. :(

I went into one of my local Curry's stores thats out of the way, as i thought many ppl would'nt go to that one, they had about 30+ empty boxes under the display, so i thought it looked promising, but nope, just empty boxes with nowt to go in em. :(

Will phone Toys R Us again tomorrow, you never know.

Its a pity they are region locked for gaming, bad move imo, as lik-sang have got shed loads as the Japs just don't want the thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
its annoying seeing boxes out and no consoles! Dont adverstise as if u have em when u dont grrr makes me so mad. Must annoy them too people always asking.

Soldato
mmj not really bad news tbh just shows they need to pull there finger out lol

I remember the PS2 when it was released was probs worse then getting hold of a 360 was all over the news etc.. people cudnt get 1 cos of stocks so low. When they are in shops readily avail to pick up they shall sell a lot quicker i imagine.

Caporegime
WOOOT!!!!

Got one, Premium pack with King Kong, Condemned, and PGR3 for £370. :D :D

Decided to go on the hunt again this afternoon, but about 10 minutes after i left the house Game phoned me said they have just got some in WAHOOO!!!!, so turned around and went to pick it up, she said they said we were getting some in about a week or so, but they phoned us up and said we know we said about a couple of weeks, but heres 8x coming for you now. :D

Glad i decided to leave my name and number.

EDIT: That should save the wabbits. :D

Last edited:
Associate
lucky git, i have to get one for my brothers birthday in time of the 1st of feb and no1 has got a prem version :( if i cant get 1 soon i am goner have to get a core and buy the hard drive and stuff seperatly......at scandalous prices lol :D

Back
Top Bottom