Euro 2008 Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I can't say i have ever supported a team against England, simply because i don't care how they fair in tournaments. I'm concerned about Scotland and Scotland only. I'm not going to lie and say i wish all home nations do well. I can't say i get a feel good factor from N.I/Wales/England winning matches. I mean why would i?

If i showed support for them all then i'd be better off calling for a Great Britain team!

England have became the new Spain of years gone by....They have the players and you always expect them to do well but they never seem to come up with the goods.

Associate
Whatever way you look at it we completely cocked it up and there was very little chance Scotland would get through. It really is a little sad that the majority of your enjoyment comes from our failure rather than your "success". I see very few comments on here (and in general) from English people having a laugh at Scotlands expense, for instance i've never seen anything saying "well we've ****** up but it doesn't matter cos at least Scotland didn't qualify again". I wonder how many Scots will be wearing Russian / Croation shirts this weekend :rolleyes:.

0 we cant be bothered hearing linekar and his other *****, we will be watching scotland play the world champions, and supporting our team win lose or draw. you can be paranoid all you want but we dont really give a damn atm, nothing about england on tv, nothing to complaing about. you will get a wum now and again but then again there hasnt been many lately

Man of Honour
I think you are missing the point. I was responding solely to G|mp's comment regarding his perception that the attitudes of fellow forumites were getting worse. As you only joined last year you probably didn't see what went on back in 2004 anyway.

Of course I see far worse from all parties off the boards, that goes without saying.

Soldato
0 we cant be bothered hearing linekar and his other *****, we will be watching scotland play the world champions, and supporting our team win lose or draw. you can be paranoid all you want but we dont really give a damn atm, nothing about england on tv, nothing to complaing about. you will get a wum now and again but then again there hasnt been many lately

Firstly you might want to star out that swear word. Secondly, what has Linekar got to do with it :confused:. I am far from paranoid, this happens every 2 years without fail, just check the post here for very recent examples:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17803395

Thirdly wtf is a wum.

Permabanned
I think you are missing the point. I was responding solely to G|mp's comment regarding his perception that the attitudes of fellow forumites were getting worse. As you only joined last year you probably didn't see what went on back in 2004 anyway.

Of course I see far worse from all parties off the boards, that goes without saying.

The last few years have been ok though mild banter type stuff

Now it seems its creeping back in :/

Caporegime
I really want to support the scottish tomorrow and even into the tournament itself, should they make it. But i cant.
Ignorant spanners vocally whinging about the english over and over and wanting the english to lose at the rugby world cup, makes me want to support italy.

purely because of the attitude of the scottish, i hope you lose tomorrow. :/

Associate
lol is this how you guys get off lol, read it we dont give a damn what england do. tommorow if we win would be the greatest achievement of our history in football, seriously wtf have england got to do with this

Associate
Firstly you might want to star out that swear word. Secondly, what has Linekar got to do with it :confused:. I am far from paranoid, this happens every 2 years without fail, just check the post here for very recent examples:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17803395

Thirdly wtf is a wum.

lol 2 posts by the same guy outa how many?????... count and do a % im too lazy and cant be bothered. Do you honestly give a damn.] Ahh im sure you stuck up for the scotland team when it was the joke of the uk. never had a wee chuckle at the draw with *** pharoe islands and moldova... take it on the chin or ignore it. it comes and it goes.

Soldato
I counted a few more but cba verifying it, it proves my point regardless. You said that Scottish people don't even care about it when quite clearly some do and have as a backup in case you don't get through, although i can't see many people being magnanimous should Scotland qualify and not England. There have been masses of posts like that over the years.

I can honestly say that i didn't even mention the Scotland results and took no satisfaction from them losing, i even liked Scotland to do well in the past but those days are certainly gone now. I just don't understand the mentality which is why i find it hard to ignore. Why are so many Scottish people so bitter about nothing?

p.s. take it on the chin means roughly the same as ignore it so not a great option there ;)

Soldato
I counted a few more but cba verifying it, it proves my point regardless. You said that Scottish people don't even care about it when quite clearly some do and have as a backup in case you don't get through, although i can't see many people being magnanimous should Scotland qualify and not England. There have been masses of posts like that over the years.

I can honestly say that i didn't even mention the Scotland results and took no satisfaction from them losing, i even liked Scotland to do well in the past but those days are certainly gone now. I just don't understand the mentality which is why i find it hard to ignore. Why are so many Scottish people so bitter about nothing?

p.s. take it on the chin means roughly the same as ignore it so not a great option there ;)

The most obvious explanation I can see is the English-based media, who obviously try to gain the most viewers/readers not realising they're annoying everyone else in the UK (Lineker being prime example as member of the "B" BC) with perceived arrogance at their team "expected" to win every tournament, which often leads to their coach being sacked at the end.

The main satisfaction most get, if any, from England losing is from Lineker's (or any other media reporters) face at the end of the match. I don't see any hatred towards the English themselves just the media (obviously a minority take it too far like everything else).

As for Scotlands game later today I'm just glad that the team has brought some pride back into our game after the Vogts era. :)

Associate
Now thats irony, Scotland have not qualified yet and they might not.

I really hope Scotland fail to qualify because of your smugness, It would be funny as **** to see the smug look wiped off your face.

again did I say we had gone through, dont be a tube. I love hind site because apparently we were meant to be pumped and another group was a `walkover`.... hardly smug, im satisfied if we end up 3rd. dissapointing yes but with the 2 finalists and the quarter.. im happy with the progress we have made...can you honestly say the same? and another point it seems to be more and more english people ....ohhh the big bad scots dont want us to go through...they are all anglophobes who would like to see us lose at everything. wrong, most of us dont give a damn as Ill repeat again, but its always nice to wind up a few people now and again. it seems that some on here do have a chip on their shoulders and it isnt the scots .

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Whatever way you look at it we completely cocked it up and there was very little chance Scotland would get through. It really is a little sad that the majority of your enjoyment comes from our failure rather than your "success". I see very few comments on here (and in general) from English people having a laugh at Scotlands expense, for instance i've never seen anything saying "well we've ****** up but it doesn't matter cos at least Scotland didn't qualify again". I wonder how many Scots will be wearing Russian / Croation shirts this weekend :rolleyes:.

There is no way the majority of anything is coming from your travails. Over the last year we have concentrated firmly on our own team, the posts and threads back that up.

Associate
The most obvious explanation I can see is the English-based media, who obviously try to gain the most viewers/readers not realising they're annoying everyone else in the UK (Lineker being prime example as member of the "B" BC) with perceived arrogance at their team "expected" to win every tournament, which often leads to their coach being sacked at the end.

The main satisfaction most get, if any, from England losing is from Lineker's (or any other media reporters) face at the end of the match. I don't see any hatred towards the English themselves just the media (obviously a minority take it too far like everything else).

As for Scotlands game later today I'm just glad that the team has brought some pride back into our game after the Vogts era. :)

He speaks the truth, I have argued this point before. English based Media really grind down other Nations within the UK. I think Trevor Brooking was quoted once to have mentioned 1966 during an England game that the whole UK see not just an English based, something the region of 20 Times in 90 mins. After 40 Years, we wish some commentors would change the record. We know everyone should be proud of their country, rightly so. But when you hear about it all the time through media you cant really escape from to watch a match. I sometimes watch an England Game on and turn off the match commentary listen to 5 Live commetary because its not as worse (sometimes), I Dont expect a few people to get this, but trying living in another part of the UK with London based media as a main conduit of sport, you may start to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom