Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Soldato
@Minibiker

You don't need an app. An .scs file is essentially a zip/rar file. You do not need to open these, simply place into the documents > mod folder. Can you not generate the file at all?

When you click "Generate your Def file" it should open a new tab with a list of options.

If you're still stuck try another browser, or follow this guide: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=3852

It downloaded the Def file but when I double click to open it, it asks me to select an app to open it with

Soldato
No worries. Promods will come as .scs files, simply copy those over to your mod folder. Some mods may come as zip/rar files, you can open these. If they have a few folders and a "manifest" file, that's what you want. Place that zip/rar into the mod folder as well, do not extract it.

Soldato
No worries. Promods will come as .scs files, simply copy those over to your mod folder. Some mods may come as zip/rar files, you can open these. If they have a few folders and a "manifest" file, that's what you want. Place that zip/rar into the mod folder as well, do not extract it.

OK bud thank you... Is the mod folder within the ETS2 folder in documents

Soldato
@Minibiker It should be, if it's not in Documents make a "mod" folder. Make sure it exactly as typed. No captials, no "s" etc. Put any .scs or zip/rar inside and it should appear in your Mod Manager in game, just double click to enable.

As a rule of thumb load orders are (top to bottom)

Weather
Sounds
Maps
Trucks
Trailers
Misc (Textures, Icons, etc)

Soldato
@Minibiker It should be, if it's not in Documents make a "mod" folder. Make sure it exactly as typed. No captials, no "s" etc. Put any .scs or zip/rar inside and it should appear in your Mod Manager in game, just double click to enable.

As a rule of thumb load orders are (top to bottom)

Weather
Sounds
Maps
Trucks
Trailers
Misc (Textures, Icons, etc)

Thanks for this bud very helpful... I'll get onto that later :cool:

Soldato
No worries, I'm off to sleep for a bit, been up since 3am. If you need the load order for Promods or other maps that are compatible, they can be found in the Promods > Map section of the forums at the top.

Soldato
No worries, I'm off to sleep for a bit, been up since 3am. If you need the load order for Promods or other maps that are compatible, they can be found in the Promods > Map section of the forums at the top.

I think all is good now, it's all appearing in mod manager but has a red light as i need to install, Road to black sea.... I'll have to wait for payday :(

Soldato
Just got back in to this game since setting the wheel back up. Firstly, what's everyone's go to mods? I have ProMods installed.

Secondly, are road block new? I don't think I remember them from before. I had a journey which was a disaster, first stopped on a hill and didn't have enough power to get up the hill, so had to call a tow, pulled out and had huge RTC which put my truck on its roof, resulting in another tow. As I was nearing the destination, the police was blocking the motorway to Swansea (destination), so had to drop down to Cardiff and try go around, but the other end was also blocked. In the end I had to track back and travel an extra 200 miles just to complete the job! I know it can be disabled but honestly I like the idea of having to reroute due to unforeseen issues.

Soldato
@Minibiker Ignore the below for now.

What truck are you having issues with? Can you record a short video, make it unlisted and post it here? Push comes to shove I'll do a video showing the light bar and how to install lights on them.

I have a sizable amount of map mods for both ETS2 and ATS currently, Posting the load order below. I have videos with commentary explaining them but this is around December, so the load order has changed again! :D

Anyways... Top to bottom in the Mod Manager, if you cannot find a mod, ask and I shall provide. Most can be found on the SCS Forums or in various Discords.

This will ONLY be Map Mods.

All Map DLC's are needed.

These are running on the current latest game versions as of this post.

American Truck Simulator

Alaska Library
Alaska Ice Road Map
Australian Outback Map
Reforma and C2C Compatibility Patch V2
Midwest Expansion (beta)
SCS Map Improvements Bellingham Heights FIX for Promods Canada
SCS Map Improvements Base
SCS Map Improvements - Unhiding some hidden roads
SCS Map Improvements Bellingham Heights
Promods Canada Canadream Connection
Promods Canada Definition
Promods Canada Map
Promods Canada Models
Promods Canada Assets
Island Map 0.1.1
Radiatior Springs Addon Map
Caribbean Map
Canadream V2.39.2
Coast to Coast V2.11.11
Mega Resources V2.1.20
Grand Canyon Rebuild
Elko and Redding Retouched SN
Mexssimap V1.8.1
Reforma Sierra Nevada 2.2.30
PaZzMod Viva Mexico Legacy Patch V1.00
Viva Mexico Legacy V2.0.10
Reforma Mexico Extremo V2.1.18
PaZzMod V1.4.00

Euro Truck Simulator 2

**NOTES**

ROEX 2.8 is a paid mod. But you can use ROEX 2.5 (the free version) in its place, just remove the "ROEX28-S.Region9RCv2" (the orange image mod) from the load order.
ROEX is ordered 1>2>3>4 top to bottom, so it's easy to sort in the Manager.

Swedish Islands Map Addon Wombat Edition 1.10
Paris Rebuild 2.6
Latvia rebuild map release 1.26
Rhodes 1.0
Poludniowa Polska 1.2
ROEXall-Promods251-RusMap231-PolandReb244 RC FullV4
ROEX28-S.Region9RCv2
ROEX English City Names 2.5/2.8
Roextended 1.39 addon
1.ROEX28defmap
2.ROEX28model
3.ROEX28prefab
4.ROEX28assets
Project Caucasus
Turkey Map 1.1 -MiddleEast2.51 RC
Turkey Map 1.2-S.Region 9 RC
Turkey Map 1.2.1 RTP (1.38)
SR9 1.39 fix
Mediterranean Expansion v1.3
MedMap v0.1
Road to the Balears
Piter for RusMap_2.3.1
SZM Addon
RusMap Map
RusMap Model
RusMap Model 2
Project Balkans English City Names (optional)
Project Balkans Def
Project Balkans Map
Project Balkans Assets
MK Rework/PL Rebuilding Fix
Macedonia Rework Definitions (ST) - Use "ST" if you have Special Transport DLC. If you don't have it, use the non "ST" version.
Macedonia Rework Map
Macedonia Rework Materials and Assets
Poland Rebulding Special Transport - Only include this file if you have Special Transport DLC
Poland Rebuilding Def
Poland Rebuilding Map
Poland Rebuilding Models
Poland Rebuilding Assets
Project Greenland - ferry connection with PM (Promods)
Project Greenland
Red Sea Map
Israel-Lebanon Open Border
ProMods Middle-East Add On (Def and Map)
ProMods Middle-East Add On (Assets)
ProMods Def Package - Make sure you tick "RusMap" when making this file. If you use Special Transport DLC tick that box too, if not, leave it blank.
ProMods Map Package
ProMods Media Package
ProMods Models 1
ProMods Models 2
ProMods Models 3
ProMods Assets
RusMap Def
English City Names for Volga Map (optional)
VolgaMap Def
VolgaMap Map
VolgaMap Model
Southern Region Map (Def and Map)
Southern Region map Model 1
Southern Region map Model 2
Road to Aral
The Great Steppe English City Names
The Great Steppe Def
The Great Steppa Map
The Great Steppe Model
PJ Indo Map V2.7 Beta1 Map and Def