** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Don
What an idiot Bonucci is. Moise Kean was racially abused by Calgari fans tonight and after the game Bonucci has blamed Kean for inciting them with his celebration. Not only is that a braindead thing to say but it turns out he was being abused long before his goal and his celebration was in response to the racist chants.

Soldato
Juve Manager did as well, in this day and age that's pretty much unforgivable.

Cagliari president Tommaso Giulini
I don't want people to start being self-righteous about it, because I heard that already, whereas Juventus players came to me afterwards and confessed Kean was wrong to celebrate that way.

'We cannot go around calling the entire Cagliari crowd offensive things. If there were racist jeers, then our fans got it wrong, but it happened because of the celebration and would've happened even if the goalscorer had a different colour of skin.'

Last edited:
Soldato
What an idiot Bonucci is. Moise Kean was racially abused by Calgari fans tonight and after the game Bonucci has blamed Kean for inciting them with his celebration. Not only is that a braindead thing to say but it turns out he was being abused long before his goal and his celebration was in response to the racist chants.

can sort of understand the meaning to this, even if it wasn't phrased very well.

after the recent pitch invasions all it would need is for Kean to do that and then you have some nutter coming out of the crowd at him, lets face it wouldn't need much to set them off, as you mention they were on at him before the celebration.

Don
can sort of understand the meaning to this, even if it wasn't phrased very well.

after the recent pitch invasions all it would need is for Kean to do that and then you have some nutter coming out of the crowd at him, lets face it wouldn't need much to set them off, as you mention they were on at him before the celebration.
It wasn't just phrased poorly, it was utter nonsense. First things first, he did not incite the abuse. He was abused before the celebration so Bonucci's attempts to downplay the actions of those Calgari supporters as a reaction to his celebration is factually wrong. Secondly to criticise Kean in any way, shape or form is outrageous. He was racially abused throughout the game and his sole reaction was the stand in front of the fans abusing him with his arms out. He showed incredible restraint to have not reacted well before and in a far worse way.

Soldato
It wasn't just phrased poorly, it was utter nonsense. First things first, he did not incite the abuse. He was abused before the celebration so Bonucci's attempts to downplay the actions of those Calgari supporters as a reaction to his celebration is factually wrong. Secondly to criticise Kean in any way, shape or form is outrageous. He was racially abused throughout the game and his sole reaction was the stand in front of the fans abusing him with his arms out. He showed incredible restraint to have not reacted well before and in a far worse way.

not having a go at Kean, and i didn't mean he incited the abuse, more that hes inciting the fans with the celebration when they are already having a go at him , as with the attacks on grealish/smalling it could have set some of them off to the point where they did him some serious harm because of it.

not defending the fans/bonucci, i'm more concerned that the lad could have got himself hurt.

Back
Top Bottom