Even more Volvo perversion

JRS

JRS

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
Looks fast in a straight line, but just because it squeels and rolls and belches smoke going round a corner that a 1.0 daewoo matiz would take in it's stride without all the noise and drama does not make it a good car.

If you have the money to make all those engine modifications then for gawds sake pick something with a decent chassis at least!!!

I despair of people sometimes.....

kf1j6a.gif

Soldato
Hmm I should have expected the patronising remarks.

Ok if it makes you feel better it looks great fun and the driver has obviously got a lot of talent. Was it money well spent or does it make a great car no sorry! Just because they managed to take a few vids before the axel sheered in half or the chassis twisted completely doesn't make it the best thing since sliced bread.. sorry!. I still stand by my remark that the money spent, directed towards something a bit better would have been better spent. But on the merits of the video being a laugh and an achievement I don't disagree at all. Just this doesn't mean old volvos are suddenly fantastic autos!

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
Just because they managed to take a few vids before the axel sheered in half or the chassis twisted completely

It's a volvo, the chassis' not going anywhere :p

[TW]Fox said:
This is exactly what I keep wondering about all this retro junk. Most of it is utter gash that does nothing any other far more competent car cannot do equally or better..

It's called fun. You can't put fun in Parker's or Glass' guide, which is probably why you don't seem to understand it.

Soldato
This old Volvo threads are terrible for my mind. I go off them for a week or so thinking be sensible I've got a nice car, then bang I need a silly tank :)

Lots of work to get a 16V into a 240, presume it's the engine out of the 740 then add the silly tuning.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
Just because they managed to take a few vids before the axel sheered in half or the chassis twisted completely doesn't make it the best thing since sliced bread..

It's a Volvo 240 series. I somehow can't see it falling apart on account of some spirited driving! There is a reason why some of them are running with intergalactic mileages reading on the odometer - they are built very, very, very tough.

Soldato
Haha, i read the thread and then watched the video.

WOW, i thought when people said ugly it was just ugly, but my god that is ugly! The turbo lag was hilarious at the begginning down to the passengers' weeeeeeeeee's lol. Wouldnt be my choice of car but each to their own. :)

Soldato
Mohinder said:
It's a volvo, the chassis' not going anywhere :p

It's called fun. You can't put fun in Parker's or Glass' guide, which is probably why you don't seem to understand it.

:p

Looks like a right laugh to me.. Imagine driving that about all the time :p. Twould pwn.

Back
Top Bottom