Event ID 41 Kernel Power problem

Soldato
I was wondering if someone here could help me out?

I've recently put together a new system, but I am having issues with this error that keeps causing a BSOD during gaming (CS:S mainly) where the sound stutters and then the game grinds to a hault, and when I check the Windows Event Viewer it tells me about this critical error with the Event ID 41.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

It is really frustrating, because I can play Bad Company 2 for ages and it doesn't crash at all, only CS:S seems to be causing the problem.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, I just thought someone here might know what this windows Event ID is all about and maybe help me sort it out.

My system spec is as follows:

Core i7 920 D0
Rampage II Extreme
6GB Corsair Dominator GT
SLi'd GTX280s with the latest drivers, I've also tried a fair few other drivers but the problem still persisted.
Corsair HX850

Is there maybe a set of drivers that would be more suited for CS:S?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
That log entry is completely useless. That is only added to the Event logs after the PC has rebooted. The cause of your error, if it made it into the logs, should appear before the Kernal power error.

Look for anything under System and Applications that appears within a few minutes of the computer crashing. Though from experience I have found errors relating to graphics cards rarely turn up in the logs.

What message does the BSOD give you?

Back
Top Bottom