Ever wonder how sad your life is.....

Associate
Apart from having a great gf and son my lifes pretty pants. I don't have any friends outside of work :(

So my social life is absolute crap, but I'm happy just to be with my little family, just frustrated sometimes.

Soldato
lucasade1 said:
My sig shows how sad I am...
I didn't even know people still played Counterstrike... seriously.

I think it's only sad if you don't enjoy what you do though.

Staying in every night because you enjoy doing that = not sad.
Staying in every night becuase you would rather be out but have no friends = sad.

Associate
Haircut said:
I didn't even know people still played Counterstrike... seriously.

I think it's only sad if you don't enjoy what you do though.

Staying in every night because you enjoy doing that = not sad.
Staying in every night becuase you would rather be out but have no friends = sad.

sums up me,

actually i take that back, i have loads of friends and i go out at most available opportunities, but it feels like i never go out

wnb

wnb

Soldato
It doesent matter what you do as long as you like doing it. I used to go out a lot to pubs and clubs from 18-26 but then I began to realise there are more things to life then getting drunk and pulling girls. Now I'm 37, married 1 daughter and one on the way and I'm happy as larry I now look at people who are doing exactly like i did when I was younger and now think how sad. Life is wasted in pubs and clubs so don't feel left out.

Soldato
Do the duke of edinburgh.
Looks good for uni if you want to go there
It's pretty good fun.
You help the community (Community service part)
You take up a new sport (physical activity)
You take up a new skill (hobby eg: guitar playing.. painting)
You make loads of new friends.
You'll get more fit with a combination of the sports and the hiking.

There's three stages(bronze silver and gold) with each getting progressively harder in terms of hiking length/duration and also taking longer due to having to do more months of the sport/skill/service.

It's definately worth the few hours a week I spend on it, as it's more fun than the intarnet( :eek: ;) ) and gives you a nice break from your house.

I'm doing it(Done Bronze and silver, and I've started Gold(doing the hike just after gcse's)), although I was friends with everyone already as one person I knew spurred most of my "local" friends who live in the same village to join also.

edit:

a girlfriend may come in useful also ;)

Permabanned
OP
georges said:
Do the duke of edinburgh.
Looks good for uni if you want to go there
It's pretty good fun.
You help the community (Community service part)
You take up a new sport (physical activity)
You take up a new skill (hobby eg: guitar playing.. painting)
You make loads of new friends.
You'll get more fit with a combination of the sports and the hiking.

There's three stages(bronze silver and gold) with each getting progressively harder in terms of hiking length/duration and also taking longer due to having to do more months of the sport/skill/service.

It's definately worth the few hours a week I spend on it, as it's more fun than the intarnet( :eek: ;) ) and gives you a nice break from your house.

I'm doing it(Done Bronze and silver, and I've started Gold(doing the hike just after gcse's)), although I was friends with everyone already as one person I knew spurred most of my "local" friends who live in the same village to join also.

edit:

a girlfriend may come in useful also ;)

Im sorry, but I have no idea what your talking about, Duke of Edinburgh?! :p

Soldato
dave2k2005 said:
Im sorry, but I have no idea what your talking about, Duke of Edinburgh?! :p
Duke of Edinburgh award.

It's a scheme that many schools offer and allow you to do everything he listed in his previous post.

I will be starting my bronze award in September. :)

EDIT:My spelling was atrocious :o

Associate
I used to be the same until I came to university, was constantly on PC playing games with my clan etc.

Now I got my ass up and started going to gym, training hard and got a lot bigger. This is one of my main 'hobbies', although its turned into a lifestyle quickly. Can't imagine not doing weights anymore.

I still do spend a lot of time here on my PC, I do a computer science degree after all. But i've got myself a beautiful girlfriend, a job for a year (placement) programming, and new hobbies, not to mention new friends.

It's funny how your life can swing around. But yes... I used to feel exactly the saem, I used to whinge to online friends about how I thought my life was sad.

Soldato
wnb said:
It doesent matter what you do as long as you like doing it. I used to go out a lot to pubs and clubs from 18-26 but then I began to realise there are more things to life then getting drunk and pulling girls. Now I'm 37, married 1 daughter and one on the way and I'm happy as larry I now look at people who are doing exactly like i did when I was younger and now think how sad. Life is wasted in pubs and clubs so don't feel left out.

here here. Im 21 and feel like that lol. But I've never liked clubs because they are too loud and pubs just leave me smelling of smoke most of the time.

I find myself in the house quite a bit but my excuse is im studying for an IT cert, I make excuses to go out for a drive to get out and about, or jus ring up a friend and see if they wanna do something.

Soldato
I know how u feel, since i split up from my GF last year I seem to spend most of my time on the comp apart from working at weekend and going out on a friday night. Just left college though and im trying to find something more than a glass screen to entertain me, it seems 18 mile bike rides take up a couple of hours but are rather painful on the rear end the first time :(

Soldato
R34P3R said:
I know how u feel, since i split up from my GF last year I seem to spend most of my time on the comp apart from working at weekend and going out on a friday night. Just left college though and im trying to find something more than a glass screen to entertain me, it seems 18 mile bike rides take up a couple of hours but are rather painful on the rear end the first time :(

You are me......sept you can play game.I have to sit on forums all day hitting F5 :eek: roll on my tax rebate!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i have a sad life but everyday i go out riding my bike with my mate,a lot of the time with another guy called stuart or another guy building trails with dave in the woods. Total of 9 riders in this area i ride with so thats not too bad. I work two days a week,finished up school so have taken some overtime,generally enjoying being a bum but i will apply to college when i get my results or whatever in. Decided today that me and my mate will go and start boxing so thats another thing i do. MY leg muscles are huge but upper body isnt too great,not grap but not as good as i want. When i turn 18 in august i will be out every other weekend lol. :D

Soldato
If you say to your mates what did you do today they usualy go went out for an hour came back in it was crap , watched tv , all this time you was being a PG owning it up on some game , i only go out if i want to or for parties now. Not cause im bored.

Back
Top Bottom