Everyone get your windows open lol!!!!!

Soldato
Bloody heck!
I've got my windows closed and shut tight.
Still I'm getting draft - it's too bleeming windy out there!

(FYI, I live 600yards from the seafront in Portsmouth - it's suppose to be Summery!!!)

By the way, was thinking of building a system and have a wall chimney/vent built right behind it (Reverse all the fans, so it sucks from the back and blows from the front) - very useful come Winter, sucking cold frosty air and warming up the room. Would it work?

Soldato
OP
some did that with some.. that stuff you get on your dryer for the condensation that bendy pipe stuff. he had that hanging out of his window. it should work. you'd need to stop rain and stuff getting in tho/. dont know how you would do that

Associate
I was thinking of doing the same thing. If you have some sort of housing for the pipe on the outside and have the pipe facing down you should get any rain in it. Make sure you have a good screen/mesh covering it too so you dont get loads of wildlife going through it and setting up home in your PC :)

Im still considering going for Water cooling until i get a phase cooler and if i do im going to have the raditor on the wall at the back of my house as it never gets any sun there and it almost always has the wind blowing on it.

Soldato
Something just popped into my head: what about condensation?
Using cool air from outside and blowing it straight through and out - would condensation occur on the moBo? wouldn't be good, would it?

egt

egt

Associate
I enjoy overclocking but i can't believe the extremes some go to just for the sake of cooling a PC. Personally i can't wait for the hot weather to arrive! Stuff the PC temps, tbh :D

Associate
I was sitting in my car the other week, driving along, and noticed it was getting bloody cold, then realised I had my air con on!!!

Then it hit me.......

How about getting a portable aircon machine and rigging it up to blow cold air across the pc in a contained enviroment!!!

Lots of work, but would work!!

daz

daz

Soldato
I've got my hands on a vapochill mk1 regassed with r404 so hopefully my CPU should be doing nicely this time next week. :)

Back
Top Bottom