Everything sold out

Soldato
The Boardman gravel bike I was after at Halfords has been out of stock at my local store for months now.

I've decided to forget it and wait for the inevitable new version that will probably be announced this year.

Soldato
Not just bikes but components and various other bits seem to be hard to come by or inflated prices. I bought a Di2 front mech for £135 in summer. I didn't need it in the end and sold it (boxed and unused) for £150.

Caporegime
Loads of companies have put press releases out, stating it's going to be bloody hard work getting anything this year. Glad I bought a new bike last year in the end.

Soldato
Unfortunately you're right in the price zone where people have been buying throughout lockdown. Might be worth looking second hand for something that someone has bought and then not used now it's colder. I might follow your lead @One More Solo and sell my box of Di2 stuff in the garage as i'm not going to use it for a while and it's just sitting there waiting for a build.

Associate
Managed to grab myself a new hardtail MTB this week, a Vitus Nucleus from CRC and it seems they currently have stock of all sizes in the 27.5 model. the 29er I haven't ever seen in stock

Associate
Situation for consumers is crap at the moment. I've been looking for an i-spec ev 12 speed shifter XT shifter for a few weeks now.

Reluctant to try ordering from abroad due to lack of transparency of final price and the estimated added charges make it more expensive anyway.

Permabanned
OP
Situation for consumers is crap at the moment. I've been looking for an i-spec ev 12 speed shifter XT shifter for a few weeks now.

Reluctant to try ordering from abroad due to lack of transparency of final price and the estimated added charges make it more expensive anyway.

Lots of EU companies stopping shipping to the UK at the moment, unsure how bikes are affected. Its a real mess, as predicted.

Associate
Yeah, there's still a few shipping to the UK.. But when adding VAT, shipping, handling fees and potential additional charges, it's really not worth it
I've signed up for stock notifications with a few UK shops and will just keep my fingers crossed that some stock reaches these shores for now.
Luckily I don't actually need it yet as I'm just buying parts to change my drivetrain over once it's worn. I have everything except the shifter
8Clb8IW.jpg

Soldato
Industry is ****** at the moment.

We've waiting on quite a few bikes held up due to this crap. So many parts and accessories out of stock.

Price rises on some brands and some prices up and margins lower.

Soldato
To add to the above. Price increases due to cost of shipping apparently.

Few cube models are up £200 from £1000, £1199 o £1449.

Kids bike £349 to £449 for v brakes. Madness.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Going to get worse before it get better.

a lot of the manufacturers/shops are using shipping as nothing but proffitaring. I bought some shorts from wiggle early Dec £40 same shorts now are £65

I wouldn't buy anything now whether that's cycle related or not.

Soldato
Unfortunately you're right in the price zone where people have been buying throughout lockdown. Might be worth looking second hand for something that someone has bought and then not used now it's colder. I might follow your lead @One More Solo and sell my box of Di2 stuff in the garage as i'm not going to use it for a while and it's just sitting there waiting for a build.
What you got? I need cables and junction boxes... Possibly an internal battery if you can vouch for it! :)

I've not been actively hunting as busy and not really riding outside. That will change when the weather does a little. I generally have the expensive bits (derailleurs and shifters).

Associate
Its not going to be getting any better soon I don't think. According to a local bike shop lad says the likes of Cube haven't shipped a container recently because of the increase in shipping costs. HE was suggesting the price has gone from ~£1400 to £10k for the container. Whether thats true or not I dont know, but no doubt bike stuff is in short supply.

Soldato
To add to the above. Price increases due to cost of shipping apparently.

Few cube models are up £200 from £1000, £1199 o £1449.

Kids bike £349 to £449 for v brakes. Madness.

Pretty sure all the available Nukeproof MTB's have gone up in price. Scout comp retailing for £1800 now?

Glad I had my Whyte 905 on deposit order from June, might have taken till December to turn up but paid the June price of £1750.

Soldato
Anything that's coming from China is affected.

The guy I spoke to at work said he worked for MRC and it used to be about £1k or so for a container and it's now £6k. Can't remember the exact figures.

Soldato
It's like the apocalypse out there trying to source components. But I'm getting there for a large upgrade.

Now, anyone need an ETAP 11spd rimbrake groupset? Might also be selling a unicorn ETAP 11spd Aero TT groupset that's brand new.

Back
Top Bottom