• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA 1080TI FTW3 Crashing & Failing Stress Tests

Associate
Hi,

Intel 3930k
16GB RAM
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti
NVIDIA Driver 397.64

Up until 2 days ago my GPU has been flawless. I was trying Rainbow Six Siege and the game crashed to desktop 4 times within an hour.

I assumed this could be something with the game, that was until I tried playing Euro Truck Simulator 2.

The game started to play fine until it started to crash to freeze then crashing to desktop.

I thought something could be conflicting so I formatted my Computer and gave ETS2 ago again, It was working briefly but I noticed the graphics settings were set the lowest possible. I changed them to ultra, which shouldn't bother the 1080Ti, and it crashed again, and multiple times after.

I ran SuperPosition stress test multiple times with lower memory clock, Debug Mode on (NVIDIA CP), All of which either failed after 1 minute or crashed the PC.

The temps never got above 70°C on the GPU.

Here are some images of the crashes

uc

uc

So I'm wondering if anyone can throw me some advice.

Soldato
1) Take card out and reseat
2) Completely wipe all installed drivers using DDU - Reinstall drivers
3) Try in different PC
4) Check vBIOS/try reflash

If it still doesn't work after step 3 I'd personally RMA it, but 4 would be worth a shot if you're experienced enough.

Associate
^^
Above but i would try 2) and then 4) first and then progress to the below.

So after resetting the card and power connector's if that does not work i would wipe the pc and install the latest version of windows 10 (windows download then usb) takes a few hours to do it but it will 100% check you have no conflicting programs or files or drivers.

After that i would be calling quit's and sending it to rma land as clearly it has developed an issue and best to sort it out sooner rather then later. (also by saying you have done all of this^^ they wont start asking you to do this and your process will move on quicker)

Associate
OP
^^
i would wipe the pc and install the latest version of windows 10 (windows download then usb) takes a few hours to do it but it will 100% check you have no conflicting programs or files or drivers.

I thought something could be conflicting so I formatted my Computer and gave ETS2 ago again
;)

Tried a complete install using DDU and no change.

I just ran the same tests with my 680 from another rig and had no issues.

Just tested the 1080Ti in that other Rig and it Failed in Super Position.

Associate
OP
OcUK Received my GPU on the 21st May and confirmed it was sent to EVGA on 22nd May. Not overly thrilled about OCuk's 28 Working day's policy. as this would mean I could be out of a GPU until 29th June.

Not heard anything back from OcUK either, other than the "we will let you know when we hear something".

Even then if I don't get a replacement I could be given a refund which would result in no GPU and not enough money to purchase the same GPU I had due to the increase in price.

Soldato
OcUK Received my GPU on the 21st May and confirmed it was sent to EVGA on 22nd May. Not overly thrilled about OCuk's 28 Working day's policy. as this would mean I could be out of a GPU until 29th June.

Not heard anything back from OcUK either, other than the "we will let you know when we hear something".

Even then if I don't get a replacement I could be given a refund which would result in no GPU and not enough money to purchase the same GPU I had due to the increase in price.

The 28 Days is their legal requirement. That doesn't mean it will take 28 days.

I'm not sure what you expect from OCUK, they can't do much more than tell you what EVGA tells them in this situation. :/

TBF if you RMA an EVGA is generally better to go direct with them after the first 6 months of ownership. Particularly if you want to avoid a refund due to price increases, as that's far less likely to happen when you go direct.

Back
Top Bottom