• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA - cooler removal policy

Associate
Hi - I am thinking of putting EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra under water just wanted to know if anyone has experience with rma’s With EVGA.

If I remove the stock cooler and backplate and something goes wrong do you think they will swap it out?

Also, is the above card an A chip?

Associate
OP
unless you actually cause the break then they have to honour the warranty
Thanks for the reply but that isn’t the case, if you remove a cooler some manufacturers don’t accept rma as you need to remove a sticker from one of the screws so they know you have taken it apart

Soldato
Thanks for the reply but that isn’t the case, if you remove a cooler some manufacturers don’t accept rma as you need to remove a sticker from one of the screws so they know you have taken it apart
Couple things: I've RMA'd EVGA cards I have removed the heatsinks from without issue. I even used the advanced RMA so they sent out the new card before I sent mine back.
Lot of manufacturers use the sticker exclusively as a deterrent and will stick accept the return if the sticker has been broken at the slightest push. I know for certain that both gigabyte and MSI have stated in the past that warranty is valid with broken seals. In the US the stickers aren't even legal - not sure about in the EU.
Finally, get yourself a pair of needle nose pliers and you can undo the screws without piercing the seal. Or use a hairdryer to heat the sticker and remove it with a knife.

Associate
From the EVGA website:

https://www.evga.com/support/KnowledgeBase/

"Installing third party cooling solutions does not void warranty on our products. Just be sure to keep the original cooling solution as it will have to be on the card if it is ever sent in for RMA. Any physical damage such as burn marks, water residue or damage, or any damage to the PCB will void ALL warranties."

Associate

it is the case (in the EU anyway). Obviously if you break something then they won't warrany the item.

Associate
OP
From the EVGA website:

https://www.evga.com/support/KnowledgeBase/

"Installing third party cooling solutions does not void warranty on our products. Just be sure to keep the original cooling solution as it will have to be on the card if it is ever sent in for RMA. Any physical damage such as burn marks, water residue or damage, or any damage to the PCB will void ALL warranties."

Thanks for the above that’s really useful!

Back
Top Bottom