• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA Distrobutor Exertis (UK) Stock ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Note to the forum mods: distributors are not competitors, they are part of OcUK's supply chain

So I've done some detective work I figured people here would be intrested in what I've found out.

Key Facts
  • OcUK is not an EVGA direct customer, there fore they have to get stock from distributors.
  • OcUK said in an email EVGA were only selling to USA distributors (I know this to be untrue).
  • EVGA lists it's UK distributors on its site.
  • I managed to get in contact with both UK distributors (exertis and vip-computers)
  • Exertis is expecting an EVGA shipment by THE END OF THIS MONTH (I didn't push for details sorry).
  • Vip-Computers only supplies PSU's from EVGA at the moment but they don't think they'll get any 3000 cards untill 2021 and when they do the stock will be pre-allocated to retailers.

... once we get all confirmed an official update will be posted, I am pushing very hard for this to be today, but remember OcUK is part of a very large group and of course we want to publish a group wide statement as sales are of course insane at every entity
Right now EVGA have shared no shipment details for any cards still, as such still awaiting an update with UK distribution on EVGA shipments.

What I would really like to know if I can find this infomation out from the distributors why hasn't OcUK posted an update, I know @Gibbo must be busy and if this is just an oversight could you please confirm? We understand you're only human and mistakes happen.

Exertis told us a few weeks ago they had no ETA, they have since being trying to obtain a date but simply cannot and so far have confirmed they have received no stock for their customers and an educated guess from them is they may get some stock in November, but as they have nothing confirmed is why nothing has been posted on the forum. I want to only post solid information and so far Exertis and VIP are saying they have had no 3000 series stock from EVGA and still do not have a confirmed date. That could change at any time of course.

Nothing, both UK distributors for EVGA in UK confirmed to me they are yet to still receive stock and the only communication from EVGA is they should get some next week, but when next week comes it is the same message and as such the message stands as per the original and they think they will get their first stocks in November which we will get some on. The situation is bad for all board partners and with so few cards it is a bad situation. Let us hope production has ramped as NVIDIA claims and all board partners start get many more very soon which will mean all brands shipping more and hopefully UK distribution getting some EVGA to send to ourselves.

Last edited:
Soldato
The statement about EVGA not selling outside USA was walked back, admittedly after EVGA themselves became embroiled in it.

The rest, well, you can see why giving people the straight dope would result in less sales. I feel sorry for the people who ordered EVGA cards before it was switched off. It speaks volumes about projected availability that they're the only manufacturer that upfront pre-order payments AREN'T being taken for.

Associate
Seems the shipment thread gives a rough idea, the cards with correct cap layouts seem to be shipping whilst the others not so much, perhaps they will also start shipping near end of month too.

Associate
OP
Seems the shipment thread gives a rough idea, the cards with correct cap layouts seem to be shipping whilst the others not so much, perhaps they will also start shipping near end of month too.
Shipment thread?

What do you mean by correct cap layouts?

fx1

fx1

Associate
Well another retailer shipped 2 lots out already plus another in a weeks time so not sure what this is all about end of month crap.

Associate
I received my EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra 2 days ago if that’s of any use as a hint of availability (not from OcUK, and please remove the whole post if it’s against the rules).

Associate
If we don't see anything by the 30th of this month then I'm just gonna cancel and not bother with a 3080 at all and probably never bother with an EVGA product again. I'll wait til they invariably do some more cards in 2 years time.

My queue spot of 247 feels worthless even though I ordered on the day within 3 hours of launch. I would have liked to have got in sooner but the website wouldn't even load, no idea how anyone else got it to work. On top of that no EVGA cards even hinted of being delivered while other places have received and shipped them to customers. Pretty gross. I got my lian li case from OCUK and two monitors and they were great with how fast they were, that's the only reason I decided to try for a 3080 here on launch. Boy was I stupid.

Associate
Would be nice to know what is going on with EVGA stock. This is the lowest I've seen OCUK in years. I will likely stick to my order, as I'm in the front of the queue, but I am fairly certain that I will delete my account after that. There are better options out there, who are truly transparent with their customers, even during a ****** launch like the one we've experienced here. There's just no excuse.

Not to mention, we're all circa £700 in the hole throughout this wait, some of us even missing a GPU in their case.

Associate
OP
If we don't see anything by the 30th of this month then I'm just gonna cancel and not bother with a 3080 at all and probably never bother with an EVGA product again. I'll wait til they invariably do some more cards in 2 years time.

My queue spot of 247 feels worthless even though I ordered on the day within 3 hours of launch. I would have liked to have got in sooner but the website wouldn't even load, no idea how anyone else got it to work. On top of that no EVGA cards even hinted of being delivered while other places have received and shipped them to customers. Pretty gross. I got my lian li case from OCUK and two monitors and they were great with how fast they were, that's the only reason I decided to try for a 3080 here on launch. Boy was I stupid.

I got my order in at 14:13, I called them at 13:00 and they confirmed that they could take orders for RTX 3000 after 14:00 over the phone. I called back at 13:55, got through at 14:10, order compleate 14:13

247 feels bad but I'd wait for first shipment and then see what your position updates to, if you're in batch 2 then maybe it's worth staying. Just to be safe I'd keep a track of stock on EVGA eu to be safe.

Would be nice to know what is going on with EVGA stock. This is the lowest I've seen OCUK in years. I will likely stick to my order, as I'm in the front of the queue, but I am fairly certain that I will delete my account after that. There are better options out there, who are truly transparent with their customers, even during a ****** launch like the one we've experienced here. There's just no excuse.

Not to mention, we're all circa £700 in the hole throughout this wait, some of us even missing a GPU in their case.

I used to see them as the go to for PC part now I see them for what they are, a bussiness looking after it's self. Nothing wrong with that just not very consumer friendly.

Man of Honour
THE END OF THIS MONTH (I didn't push for details sorry).

One of the first places I asked about getting the 3080 (not a retailer) said 29th Oct was when they were scheduled to get an allocation (and even that wasn't set in stone) - from the general pattern it seems like end of the month is realistically when any real volume will start shipping.

Associate
I changed from my EVGA Black 3080 to GB Vision OC, of which i have received.
This was off the back of OCUK telling me there was no stock deliveries likely planned this side of Christmas.

EVGA's relationship to OCUK is irrelevant really, since OCUK aren't a B2B customer or channel partner of EVGA. Then you'd need to factor who OCUK buy from, and that relationship/B2B/partner status OCUK have.

Other etailers have had EVGA stock. A friend of mine ordered the EVGA Black 3080, which was my initial OCUK card, and he has this in his computer today. The buying situation OCUK have is actually normal as it's all status and relationships, but this is misleading when OCUK suggest they have the best buying power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom