• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 HYBRID & HYBRID COOLER NOW AVAILABLE!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We have EVGA's latest 1080Ti HYBRID available to pre-order and those who already have a 1080Ti can buy the EVGA Hybrid cooler by itself to add some style and cut those GPU temperatures in half:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti SC2 HYBRID 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £839.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/67612

11G-P4-6598-KR, Core Clock: 1556MHz, Boost Clock: 1670MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £839.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition AIO HYBRID Water Cooler @ £155.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/67614

400-HY-5388-B1, EVGA TITAN X (Pascal) / GTX 1080 Ti FE HYBRID Waterblock Cooler, All-In-One, 120mm Rad, For Reference 1070/1080/1080Ti

Only £155.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
That's a nice change from last year if they are available so soon.

There's no step up for 1080 hybrid owners is there?

Associate
Got the AIO Evga cooler from my Titan X (Maxwell) installed on the 1080ti and it's running great, temps are under 50 degrees and the card sits at 2000 on the core 6000 memory :)

Definitely worth doing.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm quite surprised why the radiator is so thin like the H50 and not a thick juicy radiator like the H80 considering its a GPU.

Soldato
I'm quite surprised why the radiator is so thin like the H50 and not a thick juicy radiator like the H80 considering its a GPU.

Would be better but will likely be due to the majority of the heat coming from the power phase side which will still be air cooled. The die doesn't produce that much heat in comparison.

Soldato
Would be better but will likely be due to the majority of the heat coming from the power phase side which will still be air cooled. The die doesn't produce that much heat in comparison.
It doesn't? I'm pretty sure nvidia claim that the VRMs provide 250AMPs which is probably at their designed TDP of 250 watts which only kicks out 16watts of heat. Most push their cards to 300Watts TDP with the power limit slider meaning if the VRM was providing upto 400AMPs of power the VRMS would only be producing 40watts of heat that would be the card at full load overclocked yes. In comparison to the die this is no way as significant. The die produces at least 3x as much heat as this. Only difference is the VRMS are much smaller so its harder to dissipate the heat which is why they seem to run hot.

Ohh btw this is for the Reference 1080ti most AIB cards have overkill power phases meaning more efficient power delivery meaning less heat produced by the VRMS because there is less resistance going through each VRM. And the memory produces far less heat than the power delivery.

Soldato
Gets into the 50c after playing along time, nearly an extra 1000 points in Firestrike Extreme!

I am using a newer driver though, but still its holding over 2000Mhz at 50c

Not bad! My custom loop never tops the GPU over 40c so you're not far off my temps ;)

Thing is with liquid cooling it may seem cool at first but once the fluid warms up temps go up. It did that with my H100 on my cpu. Ran around 60 degrees at first with stress testing then after a hour or so it was hitting just over 70c. Stopped the test and it went to mid 40s on idle at first but after 10-15 mins of being idle dropped to mid to high 30s

Still better than air cooling though :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not bad! My custom loop never tops the GPU over 40c so you're not far off my temps ;)

Thing is with liquid cooling it may seem cool at first but once the fluid warms up temps go up. It did that with my H100 on my cpu. Ran around 60 degrees at first with stress testing then after a hour or so it was hitting just over 70c. Stopped the test and it went to mid 40s on idle at first but after 10-15 mins of being idle dropped to mid to high 30s

Still better than air cooling though :)
That is why you need to get a setup like kaapstad. Huge radiator with loads of fans on it. Not only will the fans not need to spin fast and run silent, but the liquid will never warm up.

Associate
I'm a little confused about the compatibility of the hybrid cooler as in does anyone know if it will work with the 2017 Titan Xp?

My top card in SLI is upwards of 90 degrees under full load (bottom one hovers around 60 which is obviously fine) so was thinking about giving this a go

I also have a h100 CPU cooler in my Corsair Air 240 case so would probably be able to replace the top case fan with the hybrid fan.

Thanks

Soldato
That is why you need to get a setup like kaapstad. Huge radiator with loads of fans on it. Not only will the fans not need to spin fast and run silent, but the liquid will never warm up.
The liquid will warm up though?! To say it wont is saying heat transfer does not occur. And the temps of the water will rise to slightly above ambient temps and will not go below that. It seems cool at first but because the amount of energy/heat transfer that can happen with coolant vs standard air coolers is a lot greater. It takes longer to warm the fluid up and it takes just as long to cool it down. Having lots of rad space will only benefit you for noise.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The liquid will warm up though?! To say it wont is saying heat transfer does not occur. And the temps of the water will rise to slightly above ambient temps and will not go below that. It seems cool at first but because the amount of energy/heat transfer that can happen with coolant vs standard air coolers is a lot greater. It takes longer to warm the fluid up and it takes just as long to cool it down. Having lots of rad space will only benefit you for noise.
Okay, poor choice of words. But it seems to me saying "Having lots of rad space will only benefit you for noise" is probably just as poor ;)

It will warm up sure, but I would imagine not only would it be a lot less noise, but much lower temps vs a small 120 or 280 rad. Also it is obvious temps will be above ambient temps, not even sure why you would bring that up.

You can only game for so long :)

Back
Top Bottom