1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

EVGA @ OcUK !!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, 22 Jul 2006.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

Hi there

Several members have requested EVGA in the past but the answer has always been NO. Well during the last month I've been discussing possibilities with OcUK selling EVGA and OcUK has barted a great deal with EVGA.

Some highlights of EVGA product:-

• 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty - Customer deals directly with EVGA from Day 1
    • 90 Day Step Up Programme
    • 24/7 Email Support
    • Highly Overclocked products out of the box
    • Competitive prices

Now EVGA have proper offices in the UK and Europe they are able to handle end-users and offer what is now probably the best support service of any graphics card manufacturer.

One of the great aspects of EVGA is the 90 day step up programme. Basically when you purchase a card from OcUK it will come with a coupon in the box and with this you have 90 days from date of purchase to upgrade your product to any other product in EVGA's range. This is something you do directly with EVGA, not the reseller! You basically call up EVGA who will request a copy of your invoice so they can note how much you paid for your card and they will then look at the product you wish to upgrade to on the Etailors website where you purchased your EVGA card. Then EVGA will request you pay the price difference to themselves and they collect your old card and ship you the new card out.

So some good products with some unique and highly overclocked products backed up by a great warranty and upgrade service.

You will also see the prices are now very competitive compared with other brands but you get so much more. :)

2. Richdog

Caporegime

This is great news for me... FINALLY us UK customer can take advantage of the bloomin step-up program! Thanks Gibbo, I dion't think i'm alone in saying how welcome this is. :D

3. Phil99

Capodecina

I emailed their support a while back as I was considering buying one from a competitor. I submitted the online form, 2minutes later refreshed my inbox and there was the response. If their RMA support is anywhere near that good then they're well worth dealing with :)

edit: Pretty sure these cards are still covered by the warranty if you replace the vga cooler as long as the damage isn't caused by the change as well?

From another forum:

Last edited: 22 Jul 2006
  4. young lad

Hitman

Will they be in before september as thats when i do my next upgrade :)

5. Phil99

Capodecina

They're on there now :confused:

6. Gibbo

Commissario

They are in stock now!

As you can see their prices are now as competitive as the other brands we sell, yet you get such a better warranty service and option to upgrade. :)

7. Naffa

Capodecina

Great stuff :D

EVGA has the best warrenty, covers everything bar physical damage iirc. So you can clock it to hell and back, take off the stock cooler and what have you.. and it still remains under warranty :p

If thats not good I don't know what is :D

8. nO}{8

Wise Guy

whats the stepup program?

9. HangTime

Man of Honour

The step-up program sounds good for people who buy a product shortly before something better comes along, but for normal people looking to upgrade the 30-day period is probably too short.

Actually thinking about it the best feature of this is probably when price cuts come into play. e.g.:

Buy 7600GT for £130
    In a couple of months, 7900GT drops to £150
    Upgrade to 7900GT for £20.

Of course, the downside would be that you could potentially be without a graphics card for a while, depending on what the turnaround is.

10. Sparky-F1

Sgarrista

gibbo,slightly off topic [well maybe not] you wouldnt happen to have a RMA contact for EVGA UK would you?

11. Gibbo

Commissario

Hi there

Also you can only use the step programme once.

So buy new card from OcUK. Upgrade it within 90 days and pay difference direct with EVGA. Then buy next card from OcUK and have ability to do 90 day upgrade again......

12. yeknod

Associate

Another upside is that the card can be tested. Unhappy with performance it is okay to upgrade.

13. Gibbo

Commissario

It is on the product descriptions, look and you will see.

14. Sparky-F1

Sgarrista

Spotted it just after posting! On the phone waiting :D Finally get to RMA my 6800GT i got from the states :)

15. Gibbo

Commissario

Lets us know your outcome as EVGA Europe might tell you to go and do one. As normally they have different regions so a US product won't be covered by Europes region......

16. Sparky-F1

Sgarrista

Still on hold.Im guessing they are not open on Saturday.

17. Sparky-F1

Sgarrista

For anyone that has not used a eVGA card before,i can tell you from personal experience that they are [imo] better or at least on a par with the likes of XFX,BFG etc.My 6800GT went well passed 6800Ultra speeds on stock cooling with little increase in both noise or heat.

18. Minstadave

Caporegime

Can't knock a 10 year warranty, thats excellent :)

19. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

thats the only reason why ocuk bothered to get evga stuff in. far less hassle for ocuk to deal with. all ocuk has to do is sell the product then forget about it, let the manufacturer deal with any problems after.

a very very wise business strategy im shocked ocuk didn;t catch on a few years ago.

20. Gibbo

Commissario

OcUK is only doing these now as before EVGA warranty did not work in the UK so great, but now EVGA have taken onboard staff and offices literally in the last month in the UK.

So now we feel that EVGA can deliver their promises and as such OcUK now sells the product. :)