• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA @ OcUK !!

Soldato
what do you mean that evga warranty does not work in the uk? i have seen online retailers selling evga products with huge warranty periods for a long time now and they are uk retailers.

OcUK Staff
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
what do you mean that evga warranty does not work in the uk? i have seen online retailers selling evga products with huge warranty periods for a long time now and they are uk retailers.

Its always worked but its now a lot better. There are now actually EVGA staff in the UK and more in Europe in order to cope with demand.

We could have been selling EVGA months ago just like everybody else but decided to hold back and wait until we were happy EVGA could cope with the demand.

There is also the fact that a few months ago EVGA products also commanded a price premium wheras you will see from OcUK's prices they are now very competitive, this again comes from the fact EVGA now has a UK office and far better understanding of the UK.

It also helps that the guy who is now running EVGA in the UK only happens to be a good friend and colleague to myself. :)

Soldato
after a quick search on the net i have found evga prices cheaper at some uk retailers so looks like your friend is taking advantage of your friendship or ocuk have overpriced the cards. and its not just months ago that other retailers were selling evga products, its been over a few years now in the uk.

the only useful information ocuk can provide us with now is that the 7900gt cards you get in form evga are they the ones that will not fail or are they still failure prone?

OcUK Staff
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
after a quick search on the net i have found evga prices cheaper at some uk retailers so looks like your friend is taking advantage of your friendship or ocuk have overpriced the cards. and its not just months ago that other retailers were selling evga products, its been over a few years now in the uk.

the only useful information ocuk can provide us with now is that the 7900gt cards you get in form evga are they the ones that will not fail or are they still failure prone?

If we wanted to we could undercut anybody but OcUK refuses to play the game lets have the cheapest price as whats the point in selling a product if its making you little margin, so we set our prices at sensible levels and then most of the little players in the market undercut us in a chance to win the odd bit of business, just unfortunate for them because they pay more for the product in first place so make less money.

Believe you me OcUK gets the best VGA pricing, though that is slightly because we sell the most when it comes to the high-end products and we have good relationships with manufacturers. Which is always proven by the fact were always launch partner for both ATI and NVIDIA on product launches plus always getting the lions share of the allocation. :)

Soldato
there is another online uk retailer that has shown documentation claiming to be shipping over 1700 gfx cards on a weekly basis. does ocuk sell that many?

also gibbo how do you know that you are getting the cards at a cheaper price than other retailers?

i too when having to sell items to other people have said one price but sold at another. its standard business practice. and from a lot of the recent posts by you gibbo especially on the cpu front i know its best to wait a while before making the dive.

again this is no attack at you but just seeing how things are, may a time you have said that an item will not go much cheaper then the following week it has a big price difference. :rolleyes:

OcUK Staff
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
there is another online uk retailer that has shown documentation claiming to be shipping over 1700 gfx cards on a weekly basis. does ocuk sell that many?

also gibbo how do you know that you are getting the cards at a cheaper price than other retailers?

i too when having to sell items to other people have said one price but sold at another. its standard business practice. and from a lot of the recent posts by you gibbo especially on the cpu front i know its best to wait a while before making the dive.

again this is no attack at you but just seeing how things are, may a time you have said that an item will not go much cheaper then the following week it has a big price difference. :rolleyes:

Well when it comes to graphics card numbers all the large Etailors submit figures to both NVIDIA and ATI on what they have sold and obviously NVIDIA and ATI get our purchase data too from manufacturers/distributors to tally it all up.

Then every 1/4 both NVIDIA and ATI will do some real nice pie charts and graphs showing which Etailors have what share based on units sold, revenue etc. etc.
You could argue that maybe they doctor these results when showing each different Etailor but to prevent that argument NVIDIA have held presentations with all major Etailors actually in the same room and shown us these reports. As at end of the day they maybe our competitors but they are just human beings and its a great laugh all getting together and having a NVIDIA paid for all expenses trip. :D

When it comes to units OcUK is not the biggest as obviously there are a couple of very large Etailors who sell literally thousands are cards like the ATI 9250/9550 and NVIDIA FX5500 and 6200's chipset based cards etc. and these are cards that OcUK simply sells very little off. OcUK sales is literally 2/3 highend with the remaining third been mainly mainstream and very little low-end.

However when it comes to revenue based sales OcUK tends to win this pretty much hands down as obviously our sales are mainly the high-end as I do believe our average graphics card sale is approx £190-£210 which goes to show were selling mainly high-end. Which is great because its more revenue and obviously the higher end and new products fetch more margin.

Yeah it is STD business practice but I've been doing this now for over 5 years and believe you me I respect the people I deal with and they respect me so I am very confident in that the prices I buy at are the best. There has been several occaison where I have put a price on the OcUK website too low and the manufacturer has been flooded with complaints from the other Etailor how on earch we can sell at such a low price, normally the manufacturer has to fob them off or we increase our price to keep the peace. :)

I'd like to see you point evidence to me as to when I have said something is not gonna drop much more in price and then one week later its dropped lots, please tell me where I have done this? :rolleyes:

Soldato
x1800 launch ;)

Just grabbing at straws.Have no quarms with OcUK at all and have spent more with you than i care to mention.Recommended friends and family to do likewise as ive found that overall [general everyday hardware] OcUK are very competitive and have good stock levels.

My only gripe would be on the postage costs for items like a single stick of RAM but im guessing that is down to the Courier rather than yourselves.

Do you think you might sell more often [although not as much per order] if there were more delivery options Gibbo?

Sorry i know we shouldnt talk shop but it is a valid question.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great news!! Next upgrade will be EVGA :D

Cyber-Mav why don't you just buy elsewhere instead of knocking this. Gibbo has given a valid reason as to why they held back dealing with EVGA until now.

@ Gibbo, is this a deal just for OcUK customers or do EVGA offer this at any etailor they sell to?

# 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty - Customer deals directly with EVGA from Day 1
# 90 Day Step Up Programme

Associate
Hi can somebody help me here...

Gainward BLISS Geforce 7900 GT 256MB GDDR3
- GeForce 7900 GT Core running at 450MHz
- 256MB GDDR3 Extreme Memory running at 1320MHz giving upto 41.5GB/second bandwidth

EVGA GeForce 7900 GT 256MB GDDR3
- 256MB GDDR3 Extreme Memory running at 1320MHz giving upto 45.4GB/second bandwidth

Associate
Seriously interested in the Evga 7950 and then use 90 day upgrade for geforce 8.
Does anyone know when the geforce 8 will be released in Uk as I want to time the 90 day upgrade and not fall short.

Soldato
When using the stepup programme, what happens to the cheaper card when it's returned to EVGA? Surely it's now 2nd hand and they wouldn't be able to sell it as new. Anyone know where these end up? Is there a source of cheap, returned EVGA cards on the market somewhere? (Not asking specifically for the source, just wondering where they end up).

OcUK Staff
OP
CS||nuTs said:
x1800 launch ;)

Just grabbing at straws.Have no quarms with OcUK at all and have spent more with you than i care to mention.Recommended friends and family to do likewise as ive found that overall [general everyday hardware] OcUK are very competitive and have good stock levels.

My only gripe would be on the postage costs for items like a single stick of RAM but im guessing that is down to the Courier rather than yourselves.

Do you think you might sell more often [although not as much per order] if there were more delivery options Gibbo?

Sorry i know we shouldnt talk shop but it is a valid question.

More delivery options is something were looking into but it won't happen for some time yet but hopefully before end of this year. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Tony Soprano said:
Great news!! Next upgrade will be EVGA :D

Cyber-Mav why don't you just buy elsewhere instead of knocking this. Gibbo has given a valid reason as to why they held back dealing with EVGA until now.

@ Gibbo, is this a deal just for OcUK customers or do EVGA offer this at any etailor they sell to?

# 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty - Customer deals directly with EVGA from Day 1
# 90 Day Step Up Programme

Its something EVGA offer as STD now. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
UKTopGun said:
Hi can somebody help me here...

Gainward BLISS Geforce 7900 GT 256MB GDDR3
- 256MB GDDR3 Extreme Memory running at 1320MHz giving upto 41.5GB/second bandwidth

EVGA GeForce 7900 GT 256MB GDDR3
- 256MB GDDR3 Extreme Memory running at 1320MHz giving upto 45.4GB/second bandwidth

Thats a typo at our end, both are the same. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
clv101 said:
When using the stepup programme, what happens to the cheaper card when it's returned to EVGA? Surely it's now 2nd hand and they wouldn't be able to sell it as new. Anyone know where these end up? Is there a source of cheap, returned EVGA cards on the market somewhere? (Not asking specifically for the source, just wondering where they end up).

Don't have a clue what they do with them. My guessing would be they maybe re-package them or they sell them to system integrators....

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
More delivery options is something were looking into but it won't happen for some time yet but hopefully before end of this year. :)

I'd love an RMSD option with prices that actually relate to what the item costs to send, as currently it is nowhere near for smaller items. I don't think i've ever had a good experience with City Link. :(

Caporegime
Richdog said:
I'd love an RMSD option with prices that actually relate to what the item costs to send, as currently it is nowhere near for smaller items. I don't think i've ever had a good experience with City Link. :(

RMSD is getting more complicated soon as they're not pricing simply on weight but on the dimensions of the item to be sent too, so things will be even more complicated for retailers.

Back
Top Bottom