• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA @ OcUK !!

Associate
This is the first time I have heard about this, I think its a great offer. I'm sure it will be used on here by dozens of memebers. With the first batch of the new dx10 Nvidia's coming Q3 2006, the refresh stocks with higher clocks etc should be on the market shortly after.

I love the fact that they deliver the upgrade the same day as they pick up, it means only losing access to your PC for a short while. I hope this catches on with its competitors. The processor market has been shaken up in recent months, lets hope this has a similar effect for the consumer market for the GPU in terms of value for money.

Soldato
thanks CS...

If i purchased an EVGA gpu from states and it was not working properly where would I send it too if it was under warranty and considering I live in UK?

Who would I contact? GMBH EVGA ?

Please advise

Thanx

Man of Honour
I suspect that you should technically RMA it directly to the USA HQ because it is an American card that you have but there is certainly no harm in emailing the German office or UK if you can find the contact information as they may be able to help. They would be entirely within their rights to tell you to hop it but I'd still ask just in case they can help as RMA'ing to America will be inconvenient to say the least and EVGA do sound as if they are trying to have a very customer friendly approach.

Soldato
Excuse my ignorance here as it has been a long time since I was last into graphics cards but I've read the EVGA 7950 needs an sli compatable motherboard to work, however some forums say it is no problem as it is only one card.

Can anyone please clarify for me?

OcUK Staff
OP
UKTopGun said:
Are you going to sell the "Signature" ones?

I've heard GREAT stuff about those, esspecially the 7900GT.

We can get them but I don't think they are worth the £50 premium they come with. For the same price you can have a 512mb EVGA KO 7900 GT.

Would you really still buy the signature one?

Associate
Gibbo said:
Sometime this week with any luck!

Argh! The 90 day step-up programme has sold me :D

Price's are great, can't wait to get it :D

*shudders to look at bank statement at end of month*

Quick question, if I purchase two 7950's (for quad sli) Will they both be covered under the 90 step-up programme? - which means, will I get two 89XX cards within 90 days of purchase?

Last edited:
Associate
Gibbo said:
We can get them but I don't think they are worth the £50 premium they come with. For the same price you can have a 512mb EVGA KO 7900 GT.

Would you really still buy the signature one?

Don't they have some special warranty with them too though?

Some reviews say the Signature 7900GT is faster than the 7900GTX. If it is true then it would be wroth the £50 premium.

Associate
ihatelag said:

Quick question, if I purchase two 7950's (for quad sli) Will they both be covered under the 90 step-up programme? - which means, will I get two 89XX cards within 90 days of purchase?

I would think both. 'cos you are buying two seperate products..?

Agent.

Permabanned
ihatelag said:

You get one step up for each card you purchase, so yes you would be able to step up them both at the same time.

Suspended
I think I'm aiming towards getting the EVGA version of the 7600GT now that it's become available - very nice warranty, and the stepup program certainly sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom