• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA step up experience

Associate
Hi all,

I sold my GTX 1080 ti a couple of days ago ready to replace it with a FE 3080. But seeing the talk of a possible larger VRAM 3080 coming out later would it make sense to get the EVGA and step up when it comes out? How easy is the process?

I play games like BF5 on a 1440 144hz g-sync monitor and Assetto Corsa and Competizione on a 3440x1440 100hz freesync samsung monitor.

Soldato
Sort of more interested in this too than I usually would be.

I've contacted EVGA support before and they were helpful.

Associate
the EVGA step up programme is only valid for 90days from the day of purchase and its on selected EVGA products

as you can imagine its quite hard to predict when a new EVGA product is coming out and it might not be the product you want e.g. EVGA KingPin Hydro 3080Ti £2k

just be aware of the limitations is all I'm saying, its a great idea but tough to capitalise on in practice

Associate
OP
Do you think I’ll need any more than a 3080 10GB card for the monitor spec I have? I’d like to max out BF5 at 2560x1440 144hz with RT on and get over 100fps.

Same for ACC running maxed out at 3440x1440 100hz.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think I’ll need any more than a 3080 10GB card for the monitor spec I have? I’d like to max out BF5 at 2560x1440 144hz with RT on and get over 100fps.

Same for ACC running maxed out at 3440x1440 100hz.
You'll be golden and have a ball don't worry about a thing.

Associate
Bit of a question mark over UK buyers being eligible for the step up since we left the EU

Not just the UK, no-one in the EU has been able to register for the step-up whilst the US has had no issues.
The silence from EVGA has been deafening, theyre quick to reply on twitter to queries regarding actual sales or questions about changing the colour scheme of their cards but ask a question about stepping up and you are met with silence.

Im lucky in that I have 49 days left to register so should be ok, but there's people out there with a couple of days left who are understandably getting rather frustrated.

Associate
Update: They've now opened up the programme for EU customers finally.
Was expecting them to offer the XC3 card in the programme so was pleasantly surprised to see the FTW3 Ultra on the list. Now a waiting game to see if I get my card this side of Xmas

Associate
As somebody who purchased an EVGA 3080 on the 17th of Sept, I too am interested to know what EVGA are going to do with regards to their current 90 day "Step Up Program".

Will they continue to offer the step up program to UK customers after 31st Dec 2020? As it stands: "EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States (not including outlying territories), Canada and EU Countries."

Obviously, the UK ceased to be an EU country earlier this year, but we still enjoy the benefits of single market and customs union membership due to the transition period, which ends at 11pm Dec 31st.

With these rumours of a 20GB variant being talked about, the step up program suddenly has more potential value for me as an EVGA 3080 customer. However, everyday past the 3rd of October I DON'T have and register my card is a day I loose of any current 90 day step up program that is still available to me, a UK customer (unless EVGA continue the program for UK customers).

The chances of getting it within the next 12 days seems increasingly unlikely, especially given what I've been reading hear about previous EVGA card releases, with people waiting months to take delivery!

Caporegime
As somebody who purchased an EVGA 3080 on the 17th of Sept, I too am interested to know what EVGA are going to do with regards to their current 90 day "Step Up Program".

Will they continue to offer the step up program to UK customers after 31st Dec 2020? As it stands: "EVGA Step-Up is currently only available to residents of the United States (not including outlying territories), Canada and EU Countries."

Obviously, the UK ceased to be an EU country earlier this year, but we still enjoy the benefits of single market and customs union membership due to the transition period, which ends at 11pm Dec 31st.

With these rumours of a 20GB variant being talked about, the step up program suddenly has more potential value for me as an EVGA 3080 customer. However, everyday past the 3rd of October I DON'T have and register my card is a day I loose of any current 90 day step up program that is still available to me, a UK customer (unless EVGA continue the program for UK customers).

The chances of getting it within the next 12 days seems increasingly unlikely, especially given what I've been reading hear about previous EVGA card releases, with people waiting months to take delivery!
Not sure you still qualify. Before the 3080.launch evamga said UK buyers could no longer partake in the step up program. Sad

Associate
Before the 3080.launch evamga said UK buyers could no longer partake in the step up program. Sad

Could you provide me with a link to that official statement, because I cannot find anything on EVGA's website that says that. The only reference I can find in EVGA's Step Up Support guide is this:

"The EVGA Step-Up program is currently only available to residents of the United States, Canada, and EU Countries."

As Sparx said, I am not suggesting that you are being in any way dishonest in your reply, I would just like to get some hard info on this situation. I would not be at all surprised to find that your statement is correct...as I fear the worst.

EDIT:

EVGATech_MarkusK
who is from EVGA EU tech Support, in reply to a user asking if EVGA have made any decision about "continuing the Step-Up program for UK after Brexit", wrote this:

"the Step-Up Option will definitely continue for the future." https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2851453

However, that was written in August 2018, so maybe things have changed!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Could you provide me with a link to that official statement, because I cannot find anything on EVGA's website that says that. The only reference I can find in EVGA's Step Up Support guide is this:

"The EVGA Step-Up program is currently only available to residents of the United States, Canada, and EU Countries."

As Sparx said, I am not suggesting that you are being in any way dishonest in your reply, I would just like to get some hard info on this situation. I would not be at all surprised to find that your statement is correct...as I fear the worst.

EDIT:

EVGATech_MarkusK
who is from EVGA EU tech Support, in reply to a user asking if EVGA have made any decision about "continuing the Step-Up program for UK after Brexit", wrote this:

"the Step-Up Option will definitely continue for the future." https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2851453

However, that was written in August 2018, so maybe things have changed!

yeah I will see if I can find it again, it was an Evga rep on Twitter I think

Associate

In a similar boat to this, very keen to understand if upgrading to the 20gb version via the step up program in the UK. A big draw of choosing the EVGA model over others was the reputation for customer care, and step up program - does seem now though with the supply delays that I may have chosen wrong!

Back
Top Bottom