• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA step up experience

Associate
looks to be 833 Euro's, minus 405 Euro's for my 2060 Super.
For me to step up will cost 428.

Like I said, I'm in the queue and can step up for 50 days yet, so may go for a 3070 instead depending on what's available next month and when my place in the queue comes up

Soldato
looks to be 833 Euro's, minus 405 Euro's for my 2060 Super.
For me to step up will cost 428.

Like I said, I'm in the queue and can step up for 50 days yet, so may go for a 3070 instead depending on what's available next month and when my place in the queue comes up

So about £755 plus 2x shipping isn't it being the overall cost? As I believe EVGA ask for shipping costs both ways...

Probably looking at close to £800 then after all that, presuming it has to go to Germany. I was almost tempted but don't think I'll bother lol

Soldato
I ordered an EVGA 3080 specifically with the Step Up thing in mind, as I'm anticipating the rumoured 3080'Ti' or 20GB version to appear sooner than many think. However, after nearly a week of reflection I've cancelled my preorder today. Step up sounds like it might be more hassle than it's worth, and I'm going to sit back and wait a while.

Associate
I looked into this but read some reports that you need to pay for shipping to and from EVGA In Germany, and at the price of these cards that can’t be cheap surely?

evga cards on eu store are pricy atm it seems. People talk of this being an issue that needs fixing but it’s matching the price some euro retailers are using.

Someone also said they exclude any discounts or tax paid on your invoice, but even if that’s not the case the double insured shipping, week or so without a card and the high prices plus long wait times totally put me off

Associate
I looked into this but read some reports that you need to pay for shipping to and from EVGA In Germany, and at the price of these cards that can’t be cheap surely?

evga cards on eu store are pricy atm it seems. People talk of this being an issue that needs fixing but it’s matching the price some euro retailers are using.

Someone also said they exclude any discounts or tax paid on your invoice, but even if that’s not the case the double insured shipping, week or so without a card and the high prices plus long wait times totally put me off

The exact amount you pay for your existing card is the "trade in" value you receive, this includes tax/VAT.

My trade in value is above the price of the 3080 I'm upgrading to but they wouldn't give me free shipping to make up for it. They charge £15 to ship to the UK,not at the stage in the process where I send mine back to them yet so unsure if they're going to cover the postage back to them.

Associate
The exact amount you pay for your existing card is the "trade in" value you receive, this includes tax/VAT.

My trade in value is above the price of the 3080 I'm upgrading to but they wouldn't give me free shipping to make up for it. They charge £15 to ship to the UK,not at the stage in the process where I send mine back to them yet so unsure if they're going to cover the postage back to them.

they don’t, so you need insured international postage to cover the card back to Germany.

Associate
Always make sure that VAT is included, EVGA have a habit of displaying prices on their website ex-VAT...

yep, the price of the ftw3 works out at something like over £900 when adding vat. Lot of people expect this to be corrected due then being imported already but wouldn’t hold my breath

Associate
yep, the price of the ftw3 works out at something like over £900 when adding vat. Lot of people expect this to be corrected due then being imported already but wouldn’t hold my breath

Because it is a European site and the VAT rate varies between countries they post ex-VAT and list the rates that will be applied in a link.

I wouldn't expect a 'correction'.

Associate
The 833 euros for the 3080 FTW3 includes VAT....at least it says that on my cost summary.

EVGA also charge 15.99 euros for postage from Germany to the UK, which is a added to the step up cost.

On top of this you also need to cover the cost of shipping the card from the UK to Germany, which looks to be about £30 for insured postage. You need to sort this out yourself.

Associate
The cheapest 3080 FTW3 to UK seems to be £900 (inc. VAT + delivery).

Looks like MooresLawIsDead was right before launch about us getting gouged by AIB's due Nvidia's purposely underpricing the FE.

I remember paying close to £900 for a 1080Ti FTW3 back in the day so it's not totally unreasonable, I just find Nvidia's MSRP dishonesty distasteful.

Associate
The 833 euros for the 3080 FTW3 includes VAT....at least it says that on my cost summary.

EVGA also charge 15.99 euros for postage from Germany to the UK, which is a added to the step up cost.

On top of this you also need to cover the cost of shipping the card from the UK to Germany, which looks to be about £30 for insured postage. You need to sort this out yourself.

check the evga forum under step up. Apparently there were some queries around this and evga have updated the price to reflect the VAT. Someone queried this and they said it doesn’t yet reflect the final price

it now shows this, and that’s with 16% vat. Prices are in line with / above what OCUK and French retailers in Europe are charging for the card

sorry pic hasn’t posted but it’s like 973 euros with 16% vat, pic is here:

https://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3096451&fp=1&p=2

if their retail prices are inc vat and it’s an error I will happily hop on board but surely their top tier card isn’t going to be so cheap? How were their 2080 pricing on the ftw range?

Associate
check the evga forum under step up. Apparently there were some queries around this and evga have updated the price to reflect the VAT. Someone queried this and they said it doesn’t yet reflect the final price

it now shows this, and that’s with 16% vat. Prices are in line with / above what OCUK and French retailers in Europe are charging for the card

if their retail prices are inc vat and it’s an error I will happily hop on board but surely their top tier card isn’t going to be so cheap? How were their 2080 pricing on the ftw range?

According to price history it launched around £900 also.

https://pangoly.com/en/review/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-ftw3/price-history

Associate

thanks for the link. I’ll take a look.

Edit: the last few posts In that thread suggest that it is a pricing error, and the 833 euro price is correct. We will see in the next few days/weeks I guess!

Last edited:
Associate
My step-up information is showing as:
Cost Breakdown (including VAT)
New Product = 833.05
Original Product = -849.57
Step-Up Cost = 0.00
Shipping Cost = 15.99
Total Cost = 15.99

EVGA can stick any further business from me after exclusively using them for god knows how many years if they chuck more money on top.
They're making it pretty clear what they think of their EU customers lately.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
My step-up information is showing as:
Cost Breakdown (including VAT)
New Product = 833.05
Original Product = -849.57
Step-Up Cost = 0.00
Shipping Cost = 15.99
Total Cost = 15.99

EVGA can stick any further business from me after exclusively using them for god knows how many years if they chuck more money on top.
They're making it pretty clear what they think of their EU customers lately.

What context ie..... what you got and swapping for ?

Back
Top Bottom