Evo Stars

Man of Honour
ajgoodfellow said:
None so far, but possibly:

Vauxhall Astra 2.2i SRi **

Total: 2 Stars

Funny they give it such a low rating - the motoring press seem to rate it at about four stars :confused:

Evo rate cars purely based on what they are all about - the thrill of driving. They do not give a stuff about damped grab handles, dealer service, how much it costs to put petrol in it or how much new tyres are, or value for money.

They drive it, if its fantastic to drive, it gets lot of stars. Clearly their experts thought the Astra was a bit pants to drive, which is understandable really as it's hardly reknowned as a fantastic drivers car.

Associate
:cool:
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S - ****4
Renault Sport Clio 172 Cup - ****4.5*
Peugeot 205 GTi (1.9) - *****5
Renault Sport Clio 172 Cup (2nd) - ****4.5*

I've purchased all my 'fun' cars based on evo ratings, they identify my requirements absolutely perfectly.

My mate is often reminded of his 0* Mitsi GTO :p

Man of Honour
roboffer said:
ZR 105 ***
FTO ** :eek:

Actually despite what I said I think cost to purchase IS taken into account - they gave the FTO a quite rightly slating becuase when it was eventually released over here it cost a staggering £23,000.

Now, the FTO is a fantastic car and a real bargain - at £5k.

At £23k? Don't be daft. 2 stars please.

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
Actually despite what I said I think cost to purchase IS taken into account - they gave the FTO a quite rightly slating becuase when it was eventually released over here it cost a staggering £23,000.
Your quite right, the cost isn't ignored. Same goes for image & sound, you could have a car that involves the driver beautifully, but if it looks like a wedge of cheese & sounds like a fart, it's going to struggle to hit 5* goodness.

Man of Honour
mx-5 1.8s gets 5* (and it comes under the sports car section)
200sx gets 3* (proberbly cause of the origenal price)

mr2 and the 206 lx i had ain't in there, Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato isn't on there either, but i'm guessing they wouldn't have liked it much as they gave the charade 2*

Back
Top Bottom