Evo Stars

Soldato
Fiat Seicento Sporting - 3 and a half!

Slow as a snail climing Everest for sure, and the inside is primitive to say the least...but still quite fun to chuck down a country lane.

Associate
Honda Civic Type-R ****
SEAT Leon Cupra R 225 ****
VW Golf GT TDi PD 150 ****
Subaru Impreza ***** (not listed but was 5 Star)
Lotus Elise *****

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Evo rate cars purely based on what they are all about - the thrill of driving. They do not give a stuff about damped grab handles, dealer service, how much it costs to put petrol in it or how much new tyres are, or value for money.

They drive it, if its fantastic to drive, it gets lot of stars. Clearly their experts thought the Astra was a bit pants to drive, which is understandable really as it's hardly reknowned as a fantastic drivers car.

If that's the case then why does the Mk4 Golf get such high scores?

Even the 8v 2.0 GTI gets 3 1/2 stars

I found the Mk4 Golf to be awful to drive - wallowy (sp?) with lifeless steering.

Same can be said for their score of 2 1/2 stars for the 307 XSI - why does this score higher than the Astra? It's not as nice to drive - I was really disappointed as the 306 was a nice car to drive

I know that the Astra isn't up there with the Focus but it's better than average :)

Arc

Arc

Associate
Saxo VTR **** 4
ST170 **** 4

Not bad too bad for a supposed chav mobile and a slow hot hatch ;).

Evo is a damn fine car mag, even if they are slightly biased to those 911's but then who can blame them really :D.

Back
Top Bottom