Evo Triangle: Your fun is up.

Soldato
Meh, some bits of it are nice to drive but it's not the only enjoyable road in Wales. Shame though, not sure our annual New Year's Evo Triangle trip will be quite as good hey, @agw_01 :)

Caporegime
Another good fun road ruined - like the cat & fiddle - but, tbh, done for reasons of safety and life preservation rather than being killjoys or for revenue generation.

Probably a good move given it’s history.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Putting average speed cameras on country roads in the middle of nowhere with no pedestrian footpaths.... Welcome to 21st century! That money could well be spent on cancer research, hospitals or milion other USEFUL things.

Soldato
I really don't like speed cameras but you can't really blame them for this to be honest. This is an example of the correct application of speed cameras.

What were they meant to do? Sit back and watch more idiots drive like they're on track without the talent to match and kill/injure themselves and others in the process. I bet the collision figures along that road are damning.

Soldato
Don't know anyone personally but they get quite a bit of revenue. Used to drive here regularly and speed has definitely dropped now back to 70 for most cars
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/a55-average-speed-cameras-dish-14835337.amp

This is when I don't think speed cameras are implemented correctly. Average speed cameras on dual carriageways and motorways are useless. I wonder what change there is to the collision figures since the time of implementation? Was excess speed the biggest issue on this road?

Whereas on the Evo Triangle, I'll bet that excess speed was the leading or one of the leading causes in a *lot* of the collisions on that road, which means that's average speed cameras will pretty much solve the issue.

Soldato
Like everything else in life, the few ruin it for the many. There is a small group who can't be trusted not to be complete pricks on said stretch of road, so the only real solution to the issue is cameras.

Soldato
Don't know anyone personally but they get quite a bit of revenue. Used to drive here regularly and speed has definitely dropped now back to 70 for most cars
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/a55-average-speed-cameras-dish-14835337.amp

That article doesn't make sense, it states people have been done at 120mph and 79mph, what, as an average?!!!

I ask because I do 40k+ miles a year and I've not been done in any of the various 50 zones all around the country at an indicated 60 speedo (55-56 GPS) and I've not heard of anyone getting done either.

Wagons certainly don't do 50 through any of them either, they stick to their 56 limit regardless, dodging all the muppet 45mph moving chicanes.

Caporegime
Thats a shame, a road I would have liked to drive and haven't had chance to yet...

That article doesn't make sense, it states people have been done at 120mph and 79mph, what, as an average?!!!

Its poorly written, but I think someone got clocked going 120 as a single reading, and someone got caught with an average speed of 79.

Man of Honour
Good, must suck for the locals.

Does anyone know anybody actually done by an average speed camera, either these fixed systems or the temp ones in road works?

The cameras put through the port talbot m4 stretch raked in a fortune when first put in. No idea how you manage to get caught out in them.

Soldato
Glad I went early this year, although would have been good to go back in something a bit quicker in a few years.

Really enjoyed driving ii but as others have said there are plenty of good roads in that part of Wales

Associate

Yeah average over a mile or 2 depending on which part you trigger. First mile is in the flat second average is down a decent dual carriageway slope. Been a few tasty smashes down the hill over the years. Not too sure how many were speed related but many cars used to average 80 down the slope and I'm not aware of any crashes since the cameras went live

FluffySheep

Soldato

I ask because I do 40k+ miles a year and I've not been done in any of the various 50 zones all around the country at an indicated 60 speedo (55-56 GPS) and I've not heard of anyone getting done either.

Wagons certainly don't do 50 through any of them either, they stick to their 56 limit regardless, dodging all the muppet 45mph moving chicanes.
Trucks definitely do 50 along the M62 at the minute, and what ever the speed is set to on the M60.

Man of Honour
OP
It is a good road, great sections but it’s just a good road and not something you can’t find elsewhere. It has some sections where you have good visibility and can therefore join up some of the sections but for me the straight sections are for slowing down not carrying big speed but too many drive it flat out everywhere and that’s just daft.

Ive driven to it many times but just to have a place to drive to rather than seeking the event of the place,

Back
Top Bottom