Excel pasting problem, need help

Associate
Excel pasting problem, need help please

Hi guys,

I have been having trouble pasting into excel on my laptop, on my P.C not a problem.

If you have a look at the photos they will explain better than my words.

Background and what i have tried already, home P.c has excel 2010, work P.c has excel 2007, both display the information how we would like, we copy from the racing post site, then paste using the "paste special" and then text.

If we perform the exact same steps on my laptop, Acer aspire, we get the results in photo number 2.

We have gone through the settings in Excel one by one, all settings are the same.

I have even downloaded and installed Open office on my laptop, exact same problem occurs.

I am guessing that it must be down to a setting in the laptop rather than Excel, but have no clue.

The source of the copy is here

Any help suggestions is welcomed.

Phil.

Photo number 1, on the P.C this is how it should be pasting !

PC-paste.jpg

Photo number 2 from the laptop, as you can see it appears to still be pasting all of the info from the hyperlinks.

Laptop-paste.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Are you pasting from the same browser on both PCs? And just to be clear the Acer laptop is your work PC and is using Excel 2007, correct?

I'm on Excel 2007 and no matter what I do, I cannot get it to look like your photo number 2 when I paste the information from your link.

Try pasting all then select 'keep destination formatting' on the popup icon bottom right.

Associate
OP
Hi Robbie,

Problem all fixed now, it seems as updating Firefox to the latest version the problem is now fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back
Top Bottom