Exchange email archival?

Associate
Hey @CraigN - I'm new at Mimecast so I'm really interested in your perspective- can you enlighten me on the differences between Mimecast and ML/MO as you see it??? Happy to buy you a pint (I'm in Clifton)- plus as an added bonus will brush my teeth before we meet :p

On Zantaz- we're hearing that a lot at the moment- and replacing a lot of it!

On the whole Exchange 2010 thing- we're doing a lot of work around that at the moment, and when I say a lot- I mean A LOT!!!

The reality with 2010 is that archiving pre sp1 has to be done on the same datastore, and while they're reduced the I/O requirements so you can use commodity disks you still need to have the archive physically located on the same datastore as the mailbox. Plus they've taken away some de-duplication abilities so in actuality the mailboxes are going to grow...

Plus pre SP1 you need to be on Outlook 2007 and the user has to be online to access it or use OWA.

SP1 is going to change things, when it arrives in Q4 2010, so quite a number of months away. You're going to be able to store archives separately from the mailbox and access the archive on Outlook 2003, but you do of course need an enterprise CAL to do this.

I've got access to detailed 2010 analyst research- if anyone's interested I'd be happy to talk you through it on the phone or you can pay for it yourself!!!

Back
Top Bottom