Excuses for calling in Sick

Associate
BrightonBelle said:
Lol @ Betty :)

My boss has had a 'duvet day' which I am yet to have myself. There is only two of us so I knew that the 'duvet day' was due to her going out drinking.

It is bad form. Especially when I arranged a meeting and the Director who was supposed to head the meeting was 'off sick' so I had to cancel the meeting. Really stupid because I was the one who sent him to the client thing the night before.

This isn't the first time he's done this (he turned up an hour late to a mtg I called last week as he 'was hungry' and that was after I called him).

He is supposed to be a Director. So yes I have lost all respect for him. :o

Sorry this has gone kind of gone off topic.

BB x

He's the director so he can do nearly anything anyway.

When I own my own company I'll be someone your'll lose respect for too!

:)

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'm having problems with employees taking too much sick. Its getting beyond a joke xmas was a nightmare. We have had to using agency staff to make up the numbers, problem is agency staff costs more than twice as much as my own staff. I need to be more strict about sickness but I don't know what to do, my business partner seeem to think we can't get strict as we will have ppl walking out but the realities are that at the moment were having to cover days and nightshifts. Personally is certain ppl walked out then I would at least no where I stood.

Man of Honour
I rang in once to say I could get out of bed.

I wasn't lying but what I failed to say is that i feel asleep in the sun burning the underside of my feet which blistered - ouchhh!!

England were on the telly that day in a world cup game.. hehe

Muban said:
...oh and if you do pull a sickie, don't post pictures of the wild night out before on the internet. You never know who might see them :D

from your experiance? :p

Associate
wnb said:
I'm having problems with employees taking too much sick. Its getting beyond a joke xmas was a nightmare. We have had to using agency staff to make up the numbers, problem is agency staff costs more than twice as much as my own staff. I need to be more strict about sickness but I don't know what to do, my business partner seeem to think we can't get strict as we will have ppl walking out but the realities are that at the moment were having to cover days and nightshifts. Personally is certain ppl walked out then I would at least no where I stood.

Simple, tell your employee's that if they take a second day off sick within 6 months they will need to get a doctor's certificate (NOTE: not self cert) or face disiplinary procedures.

Soldato
Mr Huddy said:
from your experiance? :p
Not in terms that I have done it personally. A certain member of staff thought they had been clever. Not as clever as they thought - If you are going to tell porkies at least they could do it properly and credit me with some intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom