1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exercise bike recomendations

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Matblack, 24 May 2006.

1. Matblack

Capodecina

Need an exercise bike for the home, I'm willing to pay up to about £250 for a good quality one (don't want it to fall to pieces)

Magnetic resistance seems to be the way to go but I'd be interested to hear any recomendations.

I will be attending the gym on a regular basis after about 3 months but it will be usefull to have a piece of equipment at home for those days when I'm not motivated enough to make it to the gym or for a quick Sunday morning cardio session

Cheers

MB

2. Shure

Wise Guy

3. SCM

Hitman

I would recommend a decent air resistance rowing machine myself MB instead of a bike, if you have the room for one that is. As a very good cardio workout from the rowing machines and also a better workout of more muscle groups than the bike offers. Which will help for when you start the gym up.

SCM

4. turkey73

Hitman

The one that worked for me was to get a resistance machine for my existing pushbike, very cheap and easy to get set up the only drawback is having enough room for a full sized pushbike instead of a usually smaller exercise bike.

something like this for example (only by example)

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/itemviewer.asp?ID=25&type=trainers

/edit: woah, just looked at the price of that model, have a look around there are some that are by far a lot cheaper!

Last edited: 26 May 2006
  5. Matblack

Capodecina

Went with a refurb'ed eliptical in the end, I know I can get a great workout with one of these machines even when I get a lot fitter and a good one was well out of my price range until I found a company which did refubs and offered a full years on site parts and labour waranty :D

I will soon be in possession of a Bremshey Control S

http://www.bsfitness.co.uk/elliptical_trainer_orbit_control.html

Not bad for £320 :)

MB