• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Expected delivery date for Intel 11th gen CPUs

Soldato
That's all I do. I would say, though, check your motherboard for bios updates. It may have had an 11th gen optimisation update.

BIOS updates look especially important, as it seems many of the reviews tested with older BIOS versions. Broken BIOS versions mean some reviewers had to lock memory speeds to 3000Mhz etc, not great.

In my case, Maximus Hero XIII has a newer update available, with many improvements, vs what most reviewers used:

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 0703
-support Intel ABT (Adaptive Boost Technology) when using i9-11900K、i9-11900KF processors.
-Improve system performance.
-update microcode of the 11th Gen Intel processors
-Improve system stability

Associate
BIOS updates look especially important, as it seems many of the reviews tested with older BIOS versions. Broken BIOS versions mean some reviewers had to lock memory speeds to 3000Mhz etc, not great.

In my case, Maximus Hero XIII has a newer update available, with many improvements, vs what most reviewers used:

-support Intel ABT (Adaptive Boost Technology) when using i9-11900K、i9-11900KF processors.

Sorry Dave but based on the reviews i have seen i do not think your fabled bios upfate will help you out. 11600 looks like the only new gen Intel chip really worth it. Seen limited reviews on 11900K as most do not seem to of bothered but the ones seen it struggles to keep up with the 5800X in single core and gets hammered multicore

Soldato
Dave give it up please , they reviewed using the boost feature in bios it isn't gonna improve

Won't be long till it's not beta and what are you gonna come up with next why it's poor ??

No one should be buying how ridiculous it's priced , only the i5 is what you can make point for

Soldato

Where is my 1k pounds, your 11900k can't beat the 5600x in csgo

Soldato
Did he actually agree to that in a post. Would make me chuckle if so

Nah, I'm just trying to tease him about it now - he would never agree to that.

Even though he makes grand claims about rocket lake performance, in reality he actually knows his claims are not true and that's why he never accepted any bets and never will (and this also proves that he is just a troll)

Associate
Maybe a newer BIOS version will allow it to use 400w instead of the measly 300w it currently asks for...might make it competitive.

Associate
...putting the "is it worth it"/"you're an idiot for buying one" arguments aside for a moment - does anyone know when OC *are* actually shipping the 11 series?

No email other than order confirmation received, ordered on the 18th, items still showing as "pre-order" on the website...?

Last edited:
Soldato
...putting the "is it worth it"/"you're an idiot for buying one" arguments aside for a moment - does anyone know when OC *are* actually shipping the 11 series?

No email other than order confirmation received, ordered on the 18th, items still showing as "pre-oreder" on the website...?

11900K preorders shipped yesterday. If you didn't get the email, it means you ordered too late for the first batch.

I ordered mine elsewhere, picking it up later today :)

Associate
OP

No email other than order confirmation received, ordered on the 18th, items still showing as "pre-order" on the website...?

Mine will be here between 11 and 12 today.

Associate

Same boat. Only the order confirmation.
So frustrating... not even know when would be... 3-5 days / 1-3 month / 200 years... is frustrating to dont have any idea.... if would be too long i'd wait for a newer technology.....

Back
Top Bottom