• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Expected delivery date for Intel 11th gen CPUs

Soldato
What cooler are you going to use @Dave2150 ?
Coupled with which memory, and NVME?

Initially, a Noctua NH-15S Chromax (on par if not superior to 280mm AIO's). I'm going to build a custom loop in the next few weeks, as these seem much fun to overclock, judging by other threads on overclocking forums! I've got a contact that'll offer a delidding service, so will get up to 12°C lower temperatures once that's done (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUy3WcDlBXE)

Memory kit - Will start with my 32GB 3600Mhz C14 kit. My Z170 board could only run it at stock (motherboard doesn't support any higher) - so will get a chance to see what it'll overclock to on the Maximus Hero XIII.

SSD - 980 Pro 1TB, with 3 970 EVO's in the other slots :)

Soldato
Just so you are aware with intel adaptive boosta ctive, it seems anything faster than 3600 in memory slows the chip down, so it might prove best to run xmp.

Thanks, will bear it in mind. Though I think that's just techpowerup that had a bug with memory faster than 3600Mhz. There're plenty of extreme overclockers managing 4000, 5000Mhz with speed increases.

I suspect there'll be many BIOS improvements to fix such issues over the next few weeks, as is the case with any new architecture.

Soldato
Might be, strange they are so delayed, as the boards have been in shops for months and they've had the chips the same length of time to develop them.
The delidding is somewhat odd too, such a drop, with major risk to breaking the processor, almost seems their stim is like poor tim, if other units show the same results.

Soldato
Might be, strange they are so delayed, as the boards have been in shops for months and they've had the chips the same length of time to develop them.
The delidding is somewhat odd too, such a drop, with major risk to breaking the processor, almost seems their stim is like poor tim, if other units show the same results.

I think the issue is that while the Z590 boards were released months ago, this was with BIOS's/microcode for the 10th gen familiar Skylake architecture. They weren't ready for Rocket Lake, as evidenced by microcode updates from Intel as recently as last week. The board vendors simply haven't had time to polish things.

I'm not comfortable to do the delid myself after watching der8auer's video, so will be sending to someone who offers this as a guaranteed service :p

Associate
OP
What? Its a review like all the other independent reviews.
It isn't negativity if the product is awful for price power and perf, its simply reporting.

I get that, but I don’t want to see it constantly. Some of you have made your point so there’s no need to keep repeating yourself, just let me and the others enjoy what we bought.

Associate
I was considering buy i9 10900K as is £410 on market but is not supporting PCI-E 4.... so i decided to go with i9 11900K only for this PCIE 4 support as i already have a PCIE gen 4 SSD (Samsung 980 Pro 1TB) and i would love to find a 30 series GPU...
I wonder if this have any sense or its a noob though.

Soldato
I get that, but I don’t want to see it constantly. Some of you have made your point so there’s no need to keep repeating yourself, just let me and the others enjoy what we bought.

I'd suggest frequenting other forums such as https://www.overclock.net/ to name one example. They have a nice 11th gen thread with loads of tips/advice and results. Far less toxic than here.

On this forum especially, you'll find it's sacrilegious to chose anything other than AMD. Any hint of a Intel purchase will be met with swift justice, by people who wont accept that some people chose something different to what they would.

Ninja edit - Another bit of advice - simply add the repeat offenders to your ignore list, simply way to not have to read any more of their ramblings :) Even after posting this post, I can see "post by ignored member". Lovely to not have to even consider their negative posts.

Anyway, onto fun stuff. just got back from my local store, where my CPU had arrived:

vAn8gXM.jpg

Once I've finished work, I'll enjoy building, testing overclocking and gaming on this! No more bottlenecks from my 6700k.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not sure it was really that toxic Dave. You kept posting threads and making utterly nonsense claims about the 11900K and were rightly shot down.

The reviews have not supported any of your claims and the CPU turned out as everyone told you it would - hot, expensive and no better than a 5800X.

Caporegime
@Dave2150 seriously why did you buy this CPU? Would it not have been better to wait for reviews? Do you understand now why Intel put this thing on sale before the reviews?

This pile of crap is a regression from the 10900K. Its Intel's Bulldozer right when they needed something much better to combat AMD. performance regression, ridiculous power consumption. It can't even keep up with 'AMD's i5'

I'm sorry but you spent the last few years banging on about how Intel was going to put AMD back in the box, and you bought your new Intel CPU blindly, well this is what you got for that loyalty.

NRjMtOl.png

FzWb7Id.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom