• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Expected delivery date for Intel 11th gen CPUs

Soldato
I'd suggest frequenting other forums such as https://www.overclock.net/ to name one example. They have a nice 11th gen thread with loads of tips/advice and results. Far less toxic than here.

On this forum especially, you'll find it's sacrilegious to chose anything other than AMD. Any hint of a Intel purchase will be met with swift justice, by people who wont accept that some people chose something different to what they would.

Anyway, just got back from my local store, where my CPU had arrived:

vAn8gXM.jpg

Once I've finished work, I'll enjoy building, testing overclocking and gaming on this! No more bottlenecks from my 6700k.

Nice one Dave always nice to have some new toys to play with envy that you have that 3080 , also just for the record I dont side with either company I just go with who offers the better product for performance , cost, power usage etc and you cannot deny AMD is better I would be all in for Intel if it was the other way round, if intel had something that beat AMD and cost more I would accept that but this one cannot be defended

Intel so called top end chip cant beat AMD's 5800x which costs less ??

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's such a weird result for Squadrons - how the hell does a 10700k beat it? Is it because of the lower base frequency? Spec wise they're so close that I'm very surprised to see that result. *shrug*

Probably because the 10700K actually boosts higher, the 11900K uses so much ###### power i have no doubt its thermally limited even if only a little on a high end cooler. Its just crap.

Soldato
Nice one Dave always nice to have some new toys to play with envy that you have that 3080 , also just for the record I dont side with either company I just go with who offers the better product for performance , cost, power usage etc and you cannot deny AMD is better I would be all in for Intel if it was the other way round, if intel had something that beat AMD and cost more I would accept that but this one cannot be defended

Intel so called top end chip cant beat AMD's 5800x which costs less ??

Cheers mate. Understand AMD is the popular choice, and the 5800X makes more sense for most people.

I've got my reasons to go Intel. It's related to the games I play, plus I absolutely required a motherboard with 4 M.2 slots.

Associate
@Gibbo

I’ve bought a 11900K

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

Associate
@Dave2150 seriously why did you buy this CPU? Would it not have been better to wait for reviews? Do you understand now why Intel put this thing on sale before the reviews?

This pile of crap is a regression from the 10900K. Its Intel's Bulldozer right when they needed something much better to combat AMD. performance regression, ridiculous power consumption. It can't even keep up with 'AMD's i5'

I'm sorry but you spent the last few years banging on about how Intel was going to put AMD back in the box, and you bought your new Intel CPU blindly, well this is what you got for that loyalty.

NRjMtOl.png

FzWb7Id.png

He doesnt actually understand teh responce he has received is because of his own actions, the ridiculous amount of new threads and ignoring all eveidence to the contrary of his beliefs. Instead everyone else is toxic

Associate
What MB and what drivers they used for these benches?
If its a PCI-E Gen 3... then is useless, isn't!

@Dave2150 seriously why did you buy this CPU? Would it not have been better to wait for reviews? Do you understand now why Intel put this thing on sale before the reviews?

This pile of crap is a regression from the 10900K. Its Intel's Bulldozer right when they needed something much better to combat AMD. performance regression, ridiculous power consumption. It can't even keep up with 'AMD's i5'

I'm sorry but you spent the last few years banging on about how Intel was going to put AMD back in the box, and you bought your new Intel CPU blindly, well this is what you got for that loyalty.

NRjMtOl.png

FzWb7Id.png

Associate
He doesnt actually understand teh responce he has received is because of his own actions, the ridiculous amount of new threads and ignoring all eveidence to the contrary of his beliefs. Instead everyone else is toxic

Actually you, ppl who just come to tell to him i9-11900K is ****, you really are toxic! And he's not the only one considering this, as you say! You lie here and ignore that i am the third person in the last 10 post who tell this!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Actually you, ppl who just come to tell to him i9-11900K is ****, you really are toxic! And is not the only one considering this, as you say, i am the third person in the last 10 post who tell this!

Worse performance than the CPU its replaced, higher power consumption than the CPU its replaced, currently more expensive than the CPU its replaced, gets crushed by its price competitor.

Its crap, if saying its crap is toxic then saying Bulldozer was crap was also toxic.

Associate
Actually you, ppl who just come to tell to him i9-11900K is ****, you really are toxic! And he's not the only one considering this, as you say! You lie here and ignore that i am the third person in the last 10 post who tell this!
Other people do not come in here and go on and on and on about a product that will wipe the floor with everything we all own, ignores all the proof to teh contrary and then when the reviews come out claims we are al toxic for saying how crappy this new cpu is. We are quoting reviews. I do not see any name calling, some questioning and deserved critism based n previous posts that is it

Soldato

He actually made false statements which is misleading and someone can end up buying it off that

Soldato
Just as well the guys had their preorders in, as there seems no further stock, and the Intel price has just jumped to £600 for future preorders.

Nah there is loads of stock in the channel, lead times in days not months, plus when people who pre-ordered realise just how utterly **** they are they'll send them back, so even more stock. :D

Associate
Some oc tips:

If you want to run sync, stick to Bdie. If you want to run desync, there’s some 5866+ djr bins releasing soon. Run per core boost instead of all core boost. Expect ring around 4.3ghz or below. Keep it running cool and unlike the past don’t be afraid to apply avx offset, esp on avx512.

Caporegime

NRjMtOl.png

FzWb7Id.png

God damn. This just goes to show how impressive Ryzen 5000 series is.

I guess my Cinebench R23 single thread score is safe until the next round of Intel processors.

Caporegime
God damn. This just goes to show how impressive Ryzen 5000 series is.

I guess my Cinebench R23 single thread score is safe until the next round of Intel processors.

If Alder Lake actually has the sort of IPC gain over Rocket Lake that Intel Claimed it had over Comet Lake Intel would be catching up with Zen 3.

AMD start production of 5nm in H2 of this year, Zen 4 is 5nm, Zen 4 is design complete, it has further improvements to Cache Load, Write and Prefetch, this will result in an IPC gain as well as a further reduction to the interconnect latency.

Intel claimed a 19% IPC gain with Rocket lake over Comet Lake, its actually 8%, which is better than they managed over the last few years but its nothing like near enough to even look at Zen 3 without bowing its head to look at shoes there after, when Zen 4 hits Intel will need a huge IPC gain if they want to stop looking at shoes, i doubt they can. There, i said it.

Associate
Cheers mate. Understand AMD is the popular choice, and the 5800X makes more sense for most people.

I've got my reasons to go Intel. It's related to the games I play, plus I absolutely required a motherboard with 4 M.2 slots.

Anyway now that the benchmarks and reviews are out, we can see that as some of us expected, the 11900K is indeed faster than anything from AMD in the majority of games.

Back
Top Bottom