1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expedia.co.uk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McGray, 2 Jun 2010.

1. McGray

Soldato

Anyone had any experience with them?

About to book a pretty pricey holiday and want to hear some good things to put my mind at rest!

All I can find is bad reviews but I guess that's when people complain etc.

2. Ironic Namesake

Soldato

I've spent quite a bit of money through them in the last few years - never any issues

Make sure you use Quidco to get cashback ;)

3. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

Never had a problem here although from what I've heard they aren't very good if you ever need to phone them.

4. Sp00n

Capodecina

Booked both of my holidays through them, never had a problem and I find the pre-flight taxi booking is a life saver, no faffing about when you get to the airport, just find your guy and away you go.

5. McGray

Soldato

This is good to hear!

I'll look into Quidco as I've no idea what it is at the moment....

6. Rotty

Don

used them loads, never had a problem

7. Ironic Namesake

Soldato

Are you booking hotel and flight together? Might be worth also checking hotels.com as they give 10% quidco cashback on hotels, and book flight seperately ....

Expedia only give 3.5% cashback for flight + hotel sales together

8. Sudden

Mobster

Used expedia a fair few times and never an issue. Used their customer service only one time to try and get a cheaper price on a flight (I booked it at one price, then my cousin tried booking it literally 10 seconds later (we were standing next to each other) and it had gone up. We e-mailed them to see if we could get the cheaper fare). They said no :p but got back very quickly. Within 15 minutes or so.

9. Smit

Soldato

No problems whatsoever.

Used them for my holidays to Finland, Thailand, Italy, Denmark/Sweden and just for flights a few times.

10. Mr_Moose

Gangster

used them myself a couple of times, Toronto and New York. Booked flights, hotels and trips during the holidays.. never had an issue what so ever. I would highly recommend them

11. paulh

Wise Guy

Just check they are ABTA and ATOL bonded and you should be fine. I'm the manager of a travel agent, let me know if you want me to check anything...?

EDIT.. just looked they are IATA and ATOL so you'll be fine should the worst happen!

12. mjt

Capodecina

13. jp_bl_68

Sgarrista

I've not had any problems booking through them but I think you can find cheaper accommodation on other sites.

14. Rameses

Sgarrista

Never used them but should their website be called Expensivia.co.uk

Why use a middleman when almost all flights / holidays can be done by yourself.

15. paulh

Wise Guy

no protection, if you get stuck you're on your own.... just look at the volcano stuff! pay the extra few ££'s and you looked after if something goes wrong.

just look back to when XL went bust last year, if you booked a flight only you were on your own, if you booked as a package you got a free trip home!!

16. EdwardTeach

Mobster

used them several times, never had a problem. If booking hotels I always look for independent reviews of the hotel though.

17. paulh

Wise Guy

if you want an independent review pm me the hotel name and i have access to a website like trip advisor but a professional one and not full of people moaning! i can email pages to people from it!

18. Berserker

Man of Honour

That's the Indian (type) callcentre for you - with the inevitable consequences. That said, their callcentre did sort a change of flight for me (at a not insignificant price).

Two bookings - one direct - both went absolutely fine.

PS - You may well come across the 'brand' WWTE when booking via other sites (even big name ones like Thomas Cook). WWTE turns out to be - Expedia.

19. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Used them to go to the US a few times without issues.

20. sven256

Mobster

Used them before no problems. But try ebookers, same holidays cheaper prices.