1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended Warranty Joy!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Domo, 30 May 2010.

1. Domo

Mobster

So my old school 80GB iPod ended up in the washing machine. It had a 3 year extended warranty which is up in June.
    Took it into well known electrical retailer, and today (after over a month of waiting) I received a brand new replacement, a 32GB iPod Touch.
    I was expecting a £10 voucher lol!
    :D

2. box

Wise Guy

So extended warranties cover for water damage now eh? :rolleyes::p

Nice result. I'd be more than chuffed ;)

3. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

wow that's pretty awesome, I bet your well chuffed, so many cool apps and games to download on the app store also, try out Plants vs Zombies, fantastic game, there's also many free games to download.

4. Domo

Mobster

Its funny, I read the T&Cs which were a little confusing.
    For example, accidental damage was covered but not neglect. I didn't mention the washing machine incident but watching the sales assistant trying to clear the screen with his thumb was more than amusing (of course, what he was trying to wipe away was under the glass lol!).
    I assumed the repair people would immediatley recognise the water damage and inform the insurance company. Someone somewhere was in a good mood when they signed this off.

But yeah, proper stoked! :)

5. Domo

Mobster

Thanks for the tip. It arrived this morning but I've only just set it up after a very busy day, about to empty the bank buying downloads.. woo hoo!

6. Happy

Soldato

That's pretty awesome!

7. IAmATeaf

Soldato

I always thought water damage wouldn't be covered :)

Read somewhere that Apple release days are always bad for the insurance companies with loads of claims going in.