Extending my home WiFi network and I need advice

Associate
I live in a large house in the country and have no access to internet (via cable) and have little to no mobile coverage. In order get online I have a Poynting XPOL-2 antenna on the roof of the house which is fed into a Huawei B535 with a sim card in the attic. The house is split-level, with 2 floors below this, and I run an ethernet cable from the router down to a Ubiquiti AC Pro on the ground floor.

We get pretty decent coverage in the house but I am now looking to extend the WiFi reach. I was thinking of turning the router into a bridge, purchasing a Ubiquiti switch, moving the Ubiquiti AC Pro to the 2nd floor of the house, and purchasing a couple of Ubiquiti AC Lites to extend the network to some of the far reaches of the house, and extend it to 2 outside areas.

I've included a photo of an aerial shot of the house along with a map of the areas covered and the areas I am looking to get coverage.

JeuPuNM.png

There's probably a lot of further information you'd need but based on this do you think this is a good approach to take?

Soldato
I wouldn’t bother getting the switch, just buy two more APs, use the injectors that come with them (or grab a couple more) and run cable back to the existing router.

You could just use two AC mesh access points and put them in the soffits of the house. One in the top left corner and one in the bottom right. Mount the AC Pro on the ceiling on the landing (assuming it’s central). Cable it all up in the loft.

Outdoors with no obstacles you’ll get plenty of range out of them. They are only about £80 each.

https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-network-access-points/products/unifi-ac-mesh-ap

Back
Top Bottom