Extending to Wireless

Soldato
Hey

What product would you recommend to make our network wireless? The site isn't very big. Currently we have two servers, both running Win2000. Main thing i really want to do is to give my laptop and the new Dell Axims wireless internet/email/syncronisation/messaging etc.

The current network will remain for the time being (ie non-wireless) but we'd like this as an extra.

Hope that makes sense.
Cheers.

Caporegime
Linksys WRT54G/GS. I know it's a router, but just hook to the LAN ports.
Plenty of non-Linksys firmware (most of which features options to turn up the transmit power), and detachable antennae.

Soldato
OP
Sounds good, thanks mate. Will investigate.

Any details on the firmware you refer to would be great, so i can have a read of that too.

I do have one of these at home currently, nice bit of kit. Do you think it's suited to a work environment, eg size of area it needs to cover (including the firnware updates)?

Caporegime
Tried&Tested said:
Any details on the firmware you refer to would be great, so i can have a read of that too.

Sveasoft, DD-WRT, there's loads.

I do have one of these at home currently, nice bit of kit. Do you think it's suited to a work environment, eg size of area it needs to cover (including the firnware updates)?

The answer's a lemon.. Wireless is a bit of a guess job.

Back
Top Bottom