1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

extra overclock bfg 9800 gtx oc

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by widnesjohn, 25 Sep 2009.

1. widnesjohn

Gangster

is this safe i only bumped it up a bit
    760mhz/1985mhz/1125mhz

to
    800/1985/1152

any tips would be good and all seem stable with temps and did few test with futuremark

2. RaV

Hitman

Play the games you normally do. Keep an eye Ofor any artifacts or slowdowns. and keep an eye on the temps.
    If you notice any problems drop it down a bit. But most cards are very resilient these days to overclocks when it comes to permanent damage unless you go crazy and do a big jump with out working in steps.

3. craig3000

Wise Guy

4. widnesjohn

Gangster

yeah i will do i was just wondering how far have people pushed these cards safely

5. psychas

Sgarrista

6. widnesjohn

Gangster

yeah i will do ill just do it in small steps so no damage and ill be putting my whole day in to it