F.E.A.R: Only been playing a couple of hours and I'm already ****ing my pants

Soldato
Didn't find Ravenholm scary at all, but I never had the balls to start AVP up again after my first encounter with aliens there. Played a demo of fear and it did have some moments, but a lot were "stuff jumping in your face" type scary.

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
doom3 scared me the first time i played it

then i just got bored

i was just about to say doom3 !
it was kinda scary. it was the first game i played on my first serious PC... never had an experience like that before ( a decent pc lol - was stuck to games like solitare) brother scared the living **** outa me by touiching my head and makin a loud noise...
then i got bored of it lol

Soldato
Thing about Doom 3 is that you can just shoot anything that scares you there unlike some of the paranormal things in FEAR.

Soldato
I get scared easily by games. It was my friend who bought me FEAR even though i told him that i didn't want it because it would scare me :p I ended up just leaving it and haven't played it in ages.

I also got scared by the first zombie you see in Ravenholm when i played the HL2 demo. I never knew that there were zombies in HL2 so when it started walking towards me making those noises i just thought 'WTF!!!!', turned off the monitor and held down the pc power button :D:p Once i get into a game and know the enemies etc then i'm fine.

I also got scared by Quake 4 at some points and also when playing FarCry. If i ever come across something scary in a game then i turn off the sound as that's the main thing that freaks me out, especially 5.1 sound.

EDIT: Also in Thief: Deadly Shadows i got scared when in some sewer and this 'thing' started running towards me. I've never touched the game since :p

Last edited:
Soldato
i'm 32 and fear made me jump a fair bit , but condemed that **** me up :) and I love horror flicks/books its all to do with the build up of tension !

Soldato
I ain't played F.E.A.R, however those Trijens in FarCry...damn did they scare me abit, jumped at your from like 18283723FT away. And those one's that had Rockets attached to their Shoulders, woah. :( :(

Soldato
Vita said:
I ain't played F.E.A.R, however those Trijens in FarCry...damn did they scare me abit, jumped at your from like 18283723FT away. And those one's that had Rockets attached to their Shoulders, woah. :( :(
The ones with guns were fine, it's the small running ones that got me ******** myself :eek:

Soldato
its weird for me i get scared in films but not in games. Fear was really an action game to me, and what so scary about a kid that blows ppl into chunks.

Soldato
Pfft AVP2 was playable for me, the first one is the one that turned me into a whimp after the first 5 minutes. Never played it since.

Soldato
AVP was ok for me..as i played alien first, to get the feel as to why they **** me up so much when i played marine, needless to say, i never finished the marine campaign :p Hehe. Doom3 was scary for the first 5 minutes til you had to rinse, repeat. etc. If in doubt, close your eyes and SPRAY. :p :D

Back
Top Bottom