F1 2010 season abit boring?

Soldato
If you find F1 boring don't watch it. I find EastEnders boring and find this approach works well. There's lots of other motorsport on TV to watch - if F1 is so boring why does F1 get far higher viewing figures?

Caporegime
To be fair it was an extremely boring race yesterday and my only fear is that it will turn out to be a processional affair.

If the next race is as boring as this one then i wont bother watching the rest of the races...one of the reasons why over the past few seasons ive watched it on and off.

Permabanned
I just cant see how cars are going to be able to overtake, harsh braking and fast acceleration need for overtaking is going to eat into fuel loads and what with the crazy points system you will see drivers taking it easy because they can.

Associate
There's a lot of excitement around F1 at the moment. Four world champions and new teams. Some great driver/team partnerships too.

Absolutely. With all the hype and interest about this seasons F1 I would imagine that lots of new viewers were eager to see the start of the new season.
How many of those will be back after Sundays bore-fest?

Soldato
I did find bahrain boring, especially with the new section but i'm hoping the rest of the season will pick up once the teams have had a chance to sort out strategies etc...

Melbourne should hopefully be more interesting as the temps were similar to those in testing so they should have a better idea of how the car/strategy is going to work and hopefully Mclaren can sort out their brake overheating issue.

Capodecina
Soldato
... they should have a better idea of how the car/strategy is going to work ...
I would have thought that based on extensive simulator work over the winter, most of the established teams have already got a pretty fair idea as to what their strategy needs to be. They may be able to fine-tune it slightly but I suspect that they knew before last weekend that the new rules were not going to make F1 more interesting :(

Soldato
We are all excited by F1, but the reality of uneventful racing often disappoints. Doesn't stop us coming back for more hoping things will improve.

Seems 'we' were all sucked in by the hype then upset when it didn't deliver. The trick here is not to believe the hype.

Rather like going to watch a film with high expectations then being disappointed when it doesn't live up. The problem isn't so much with the film but the expectations.

Soldato
This race was definetly a massive dissapointment, we will never have overtaking while the priority for the drivers is simply to protect their tyres.

Caporegime
We being Nick Fry (Mercedes GP) and Schumacher (7 times World Champion) - go figure!

Because of course it wouldn't be in MS's interests to go back to sprint races would it. A man would did his level best to resist gadgets being removed from the cars to increase the level of driver skill.

A man who now races without those gadgets and is struggling to shake off 'rust'.

Of course a man who did 90% of his overtaking in the pitlane would be keen to see the return of more pitstops.

I love the way people on here are writing it off and demanding changes, the same people who would complain when mad max made quick changes in haste.

All that happened is people wanted points on the board and tyre compounds are too hard.

Permabanned
It has always been a problem with the sport, less driving skill and more technical aids.

Remove fueling, everyone is practically the same. I can't see how anyone can get excited watching the race after the first couple of corners, after that all you are looking out for now is crashes or technical failures.

They will have to sort something out if race form doesn't improve, F1 hasn't had a really easy time of late with contraversy.

Soldato
***Sorry if this has been all ready***

Sunday we all sat down with a cold beer and all the mates as we usually do. The race started and we watched them all dive into the first corner with excitement. As the race drew on we found ourselves going into idle chit chat away from the race. It was only when Vettles exhaust broke our attention came back for a short while.

I know this is only the first race but at the first race last year we were on the edge of our seats as the tables had turned. We all think its because the teams are being very conservative and not pushing for the glory. Also the no refuel rule seems to make it also less tactical.

I for one hope it gets more interesting with more races to come. So what do you think, is this years season going to be as action packed?

I agree - I went to watch it with some mates and we all agreed that it was a little boring - they need to get rid of the "No Fueling" rule in my opinion - the whole pitting stradegies dissappears - we need more pitting! :p

Back
Top Bottom