F1 2020 (codemasters)

Associate
I skipped 2018 and think I will skip this one.
Next year will be good when we get a graphics uplift from next gen consoles on pc.
I'm glad they have got rid of the overly complicated battery system and made traction more realistic but it's not enough for me to bite.
Every second year seems about right for me.

Soldato
i did not know this game is out already!

I gave it a try yesterday and I'm now waiting for my refund, cant use a Mouse it cant see my Keyboard , it did see my wheel though and my Shifter even though I dont actually have a Shifter and as to the game looking fantastic with its " New Graphics" to me it looked just the same as 2019, so all in all not worth £45 .

Soldato
OP
I gave it a try yesterday and I'm now waiting for my refund, cant use a Mouse it cant see my Keyboard , it did see my wheel though and my Shifter even though I dont actually have a Shifter and as to the game looking fantastic with its " New Graphics" to me it looked just the same as 2019, so all in all not worth £45 .

I think it looks a little better, there are sparks this year :D

Soldato
Had 2019 but never got into it as just didn't have the time. Wasn't planning on getting it but my brother in law got me a copy. So far quite enjoying it. Started a my team career mode which looks quite fun and can see myself getting into it. Time trials are bugged and causing a lot of freezes and crashes. Online, I'll steer clear for a while as its usually a 1st corner pile up. Graphics seem exactly the same as 2019, seems likes it's not made much progress in that respect. AI seems okay, but of a tendency to be rear ended at times.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm playing my team's mode. I feel I'm relatively quick this year, at least in the race! Finished 5th with that crappy starter car on Legend 100 difficulty at Bahrain!

Vietnam next so lots of time trial before I go further. Never raced there before.

Man of Honour
You know, I’m really enjoying this. Took a couple of hours to adapt to the new handling, mainly the braking system. The wheels rarely lock up now whereas last year it was a real art having to lift off just before they locked. This year I kept overshooting every corner. As the tyres age they seem to become more prone to lockups.

The cars feel really planted, almost as if they are simulating the aero much more this year rather than simply tyre grip.

My team mode is fantastic. It’s basically motorsport manager but being able to also drive the cars. The only negative being my black and blue livery that looked great from the outside, but while driving all I can see is bright blue :p

Auto ERS, tick. Overtake button, tick. Mirrors that are actually useful, tick. Optional virtual rear view mirror, great for those who want it. Runs smoothly, tick, although the graphics engine is due an update now.

Add VR next year and we have the best F1 game ever.

Soldato
i skipped last years, but tbh im quite enjoying it so far, only on race 6, its ok, turning off traction feels a bit trickier this yr, especially in the wet, dont really agree with above with cars feel more planted, have to be careful putting power down with traction off, especially with the kerbs, ive spun off no end of times, im using a xboxone pad though.

Soldato
You know, I’m really enjoying this. Took a couple of hours to adapt to the new handling, mainly the braking system. The wheels rarely lock up now whereas last year it was a real art having to lift off just before they locked. This year I kept overshooting every corner. As the tyres age they seem to become more prone to lockups.

The cars feel really planted, almost as if they are simulating the aero much more this year rather than simply tyre grip.

My team mode is fantastic. It’s basically motorsport manager but being able to also drive the cars. The only negative being my black and blue livery that looked great from the outside, but while driving all I can see is bright blue :p

Auto ERS, tick. Overtake button, tick. Mirrors that are actually useful, tick. Optional virtual rear view mirror, great for those who want it. Runs smoothly, tick, although the graphics engine is due an update now.

Add VR next year and we have the best F1 game ever.

I think the feedback over the summer when the F1 drivers were playing helped shape it, especially on the braking. If you look at F1 2019 time trial leader boards you can see they all used ABS in F1 2019 because of the way the brakes were implemented.

Man of Honour
In only a few races I’ve certainly had some great moments:

- Ocon blowing his engine when trying to DRS me
- Leclerc locking up and running wide when trying to overtake me
- Me finishing about a front wing ahead of albon over the finish line

My own team sucks though. 95-100 difficulty seems to offer a challenge while still being fun.

Back
Top Bottom