F1 Commentary team

Soldato
love brundle, leggard is a grower.
they are a little harsh on schumacher - but when it comes to him you expect fireworks and all hes giving us at the moment is the equivalent of a sparkler.

id imagine the car is half the problem aswell.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
id imagine the car is half the problem aswell.

We'll see what happens in the next few races with the new LWB chassis. If he's still well off Rosberg's pace after another two or three races, then it's probably game over for him.

***edit***

Suppose driving a chassis that hasn't been crunched and repaired might also help!

"The one (chassis) he had got damaged during the first few races and we repaired it as best we could at the races," said Brawn ahead of the 2010 calendar's first European race.

"Now we are back at base we are going to re-introduce the test chassis and he will be using that in Barcelona.

Man of Honour
Good god, they really are wheeling out the excuses.
They only had 2 chassis available? Really? And they had to repair it multiple times?

Are Mercedes really that incompetent that they couldn't get another chassis out to them? It's not as if they had several weeks to get one out... oh...wait... No... They did.

Caporegime
Good god, they really are wheeling out the excuses.
They only had 2 chassis available? Really? And they had to repair it multiple times?

Are Mercedes really that incompetent that they couldn't get another chassis out to them? It's not as if they had several weeks to get one out... oh...wait... No... They did.

hes still only getting the test car chasis not a brand new one, dont think the longer wheelbase car is coming for the next race either is it? surely that would mean a whole new chasis? if they are using a test car chasis it wont be a longer wheel base?

Man of Honour
hes still only getting the test car chasis not a brand new one, dont think the longer wheelbase car is coming for the next race either is it? surely that would mean a whole new chasis? if they are using a test car chasis it wont be a longer wheel base?

That says to me that they only have 3 chassis in total.
Rosbergs, Schumachers broken one and the test chassis.
Not exactly what you'd expect from someone like Brawn/Mercedes

As for the longer wheelbase, thats normally done by adjusting the suspension rather than making an entirely new chassis - which they're not allowed to do this year without extreme circumstances and permission from the FIA. Like, not having a large enough fuel tank for example. ;)

Button used one chassis/tub for the whole 2009 season!

Because there was nothing wrong with it. IIRC Alonso did the same with one of his Renaults.
Schumachers chassis is damaged and instead of shipping the test one out to replace it, they just repaired it to the best of their ability. Riiiight.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sorry to drag this up again but Leggard did my nut in last weekend.

Its now reached the point where, I would actually prefer Fat Head™ if he was the only alternative :(

There is just no need to SHOUT WHEN REALLY EXCITED EVEN THOUGH IT IS JUST A ROUTINE LOCK UP OF A WHEEL or something and just repeating what is being shown on screen anyway. Oh and the silly phrases he keeps using.

</rant>

Capodecina
Soldato
Sorry to drag this up again but Leggard did my nut in last weekend. ...
You take care before you speak out over Legard the Legend - he may have compromising photos involving you as well, so watch it mate.

Actually, I couldn't agree more, Legard's orgasmic eruptions kept waking me up on Sunday afternoon as well :D

Associate
Yep, I'd actually prefer fat head at this point too, despite being one of his harshest critics while he was a commentator. But there's so many good choices, I can't understand why that Legard is still in his job. He seems to grate on everyone. He grows more annoying every week.

There's plenty of good alternatives available. Either of Croft or Davidson have proven themselves more than competant. My first choice though would be Ben Edwards (I may be repeating myself here). He does a great job on the season review, and has a wealth of experience and passion commentating on many motorsport series.

Soldato
3 main phrases i hate from leggard

"can he do it? and he DOES!"
"winding himself up for a lap now"
"its redbull from redbull from mclaren from mclaren"

Soldato
I've tried to give Legard a chance, because I used to listen to his 5 Live commentary and thought he did a good job of conveying something inherently visual.

I've given him more than ample time to settle into a TV commentary role.

However, he's now reached the point where his commentary is starting to wind me up. It's not only that he's [inadvertently] neutered Brundle's excitement, it's also the infuriating way in which he constructs meandering sentences... about trivial statistics... or past events, remember?... like Malaysia in 2010, wasn't it... that he thinks... he must finish at all costs... as if he has some contractual obligation. Sorry, Martin.

Having no red button option at the moment has only amplified my frustration. Crofty and Davidson for main commentary!

Man of Honour
Yep, I'd actually prefer fat head at this point too, despite being one of his harshest critics while he was a commentator. But there's so many good choices, I can't understand why that Legard is still in his job. He seems to grate on everyone. He grows more annoying every week.

There's plenty of good alternatives available. Either of Croft or Davidson have proven themselves more than competant. My first choice though would be Ben Edwards (I may be repeating myself here). He does a great job on the season review, and has a wealth of experience and passion commentating on many motorsport series.

I've tried to give Legard a chance, because I used to listen to his 5 Live commentary and thought he did a good job of conveying something inherently visual.

I've given him more than ample time to settle into a TV commentary role.

However, he's now reached the point where his commentary is starting to wind me up. It's not only that he's [inadvertently] neutered Brundle's excitement, it's also the infuriating way in which he constructs meandering sentences... about trivial statistics... or past events, remember?... like Malaysia in 2010, wasn't it... that he thinks... he must finish at all costs... as if he has some contractual obligation. Sorry, Martin.

Having no red button option at the moment has only amplified my frustration. Crofty and Davidson for main commentary!

Yep I was harsh on fat head, as he was generally annoying and came over as an 'excited fan' commentating rather than someone in the know giving extra info that we can't see on screen. But after reading some of his blogs, he does seem to know a fair bit although didn't come across this way before I don't think.

Crofty and Davidson would be good but I like Brundle too. Ted is ok doing the pit stuff. Maybe have Brundle with Ted, trying to get info from the teams a bit more?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

He actually annoyed me more than usual on Sunday.

Not that he shouts, but that he doesn't stop rambling when you know Brundle is itching to reply to what he said 2 minutes earlier.

Gah! Let the man speak! :mad:

Man of Honour

Hehehe, uncanny :D

rpg

rpg

Associate
I don't know about you guys but for me, Eddie Jordan has definitely taken the place of that gob****e James Allen in F1. I find he makes stupid remarks on a regular basis, with some of them making no sense at all. His "know-it-all" attitude can be a bit irritating also. Coulthard actually seems like a down to earth guy with reasonable logic and quite often I've seen him look at Eddie thinking "FFS, what is this guy on about?".

Although if he did actually leave, I'd probably miss giving out about him. :D That's what happened with James Allen anyway, I used to love checking out sniffpetrol.com every month to see what they slagged him off about this time.

Back
Top Bottom