F1 Commentary team

Associate
To be fair to Eddie Jordan, I get the feeling that it's his job within the team to present the alternative arguments and play devil's advocate. Either that or he just really likes disagreeing with everyone all the time.

rpg

rpg

Associate
To be fair to Eddie Jordan, I get the feeling that it's his job within the team to present the alternative arguments and play devil's advocate. Either that or he just really likes disagreeing with everyone all the time.
Quite possibly but sometimes his arguments are just ridiculous!

I love these:
Sniffpetrol.com said:
Sniff Petrol is delighted to welcome F1 pundit Eddie Jordan as this month’s guest agony aunt.

Dear Eddie
, I met my husband five years ago and we got married last year. Ever since we first met we have always spent Christmas with his parents. However, this year I think it only fair that we spend it with my family instead. He is an only child from a close-knit family and I’m looking for some advice about how best to tackle this delicate discussion. I hope you can help. Vaginal Spray, Grinning

Eddie replies: That’s a good question and not an uncommon one. Yes, running an F1 team is very expensive, you know, let’s not kid ourselves otherwise, but I want to say that when I was running Jordan you know I did a great job of it and I remember that Enzo Ferrari once said to me, ‘Eddie, you’re doing a brilliant job’, and I suppose in a way what I did at Jordan was you know in a way really brilliant, which I’ll say right now was down to my skill and also my brilliance.

Dear Eddie, I’ve been with my girlfriend for almost three years but she is still very close to her ex-boyfriend. He’s a nice guy but I can’t help feeling jealous that she still talks to him regularly and that they often meet for coffee or a meal. Is it wrong to have these feelings of resentment? Ransom Plisp, Grasping

Eddie replies: You know, that reminds me of when I was running my own Formula 1 team and we got our first victory at Spa in 1998, and I remember at the time that a lot of people said to me what a brilliant team boss I was, and it can be very hard you know when you’re in that position to just come out and agree with what people are saying, but I never had any trouble and I’ll tell you right now why that is; it’s because, first and foremost, I was brilliant, and because of that I was able to see how brilliant I was at being just great.

Soldato
I like eddie, he does things that the commentary team needs like point out alternative options to whats currently being discussed. Yeah he might bang on a bit about his old team and come out with the most random predictions, but thats what hes there for and what was dry and completely missing from itv's coverage (well they relied on brundell for and would be a bit mean to ask two roles from him all the time).

I officially want to retract all criticism of james allen though, after reading his stuff over the last year and watching legard, I sort of miss him and think he'd probably be better as i doubt the bbc would make him bang on about hammy all the time but we can only wait and see

Soldato
I've listened to Crofty/Davidson and Co. through all three practice sessions, and for the first time I'm seriously considering listening to the five-live audio for qualifying.

I officially want to retract all criticism of james allen though, after reading his stuff over the last year and watching legard, I sort of miss him and think he'd probably be better as i doubt the bbc would make him bang on about hammy all the time but we can only wait and see

That's the drink talking. :D

Permabanned
Eddie Jordan was hilarious during the qualifying today. He started talking about something and both David Coulthard and Jake Humphrey started rolling their eyes and laughing behind him.

I feel they are laughing at him, rather than with him. :D

Back
Top Bottom