FA Cup Final Arsenal v Chelsea - Saturday 1st August *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
21, not 18, that is including the one where Zouma just flat out kicks Martial and the ref didn't see it and VAR were looking the other way. VAR also missed Rudiger headbutting Greenwood.

Soldato
Ditto! It IS where the contact starts. If the foul is happening earlier then Aubamayang goes flying over in the area, it gets bought back. It wasn't a penalty. Like I said, the flipside to it would have meant Azpilicueta would have got sent off.

Kovacic made a few errors yesterday but he's usually far better than that (and far better than anything Arsenal have the offer). The ref was swayed by the Arsenal players, if he deemed it that serious he'd have sent Kovacic off immediately then gone back to book Ceballos. Frank's error yesterday was not taking Jorginho off sooner and switching system the moment Pulisic went off.

Also:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rule-alexis-sanchez-chelsea-arsenal-cup-final

He's just a terrible referee. He's officiated two finals in the space of a few years and come out as the talking point in both. Apparently we conceded 14 fouls, Arsenal just 2.... 2 in the space of 90 minutes.

As much as it pains me Arsenal were the better team, but only the most myopic supporter would think Taylor didn't have a major influence over it.

Yea...but it isnt. If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, its a penalty.

Its not even debatable. Its a penalty. The only debatable part is if it was a red.

Caporegime
Him basically face planting would’ve been more painful than the nudge. I appreciate it’s painful when someone runs straight through your back, or rises with a knee but he barely touched him there.

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
umm read the article properly.

he never said he was againts BLM....

He marely said there should be more exposure to the mis-treating of muslims in china(and rightly so).

Look:

'In America, we saw George Floyd killed and the world spoke up to say Black Lives Matter, and that is correct. We are all equal and it's a good thing that people fight against injustice.

'There are a lot of black players and fans of Arsenal and it's fantastic the club is backing them.

'But I wish people would have done the same for the Muslims because Arsenal have many Muslim players and fans as well, and it is important for the world to say that Muslim Lives Matter.'

he never EVER said he was against BLM..... he marely questioned why back in Dec, yes DEC he asked arsenal if they can expose china for the mis-treating of muslims and they said "no" and they dont want to get into any poltical subject yet they did so with BLM......

Read exactly what he said, not the headlines. This is the only article that even highlights such nonsense.

THe main bulk of the interview is about not taking a wage cut

Soldato
I read the article.. I didn't say he was against them, I said he refused to get involved with them. That was the rumour going around when the football started up again. He is clearly mad the club didn't back him when he made the original comments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom