FA Cup weekend and other football games *SPOILERS*

Soldato
Marvt74 said:
One note i forgot to mention earlier was why we (united) didnt have a man on the line for when Crouch scored. Its usually common practise and would have prevented the goal since the ball didnt fully cross the line until it had rolled all the way along and hit the opposite post.

Scholes was usually the player on the line for us, as far as I know I've never seen one of our defenders stand on the line, possibly Silvestre on the far post occasionally but they are usually man-marking someone in the box, it was a lucky goal but deserved none the less. We failed to score from any of our chances and Liverpool bossed the game. I'd put it down to lack of leadership on the pitch, as much as Gary Neville tries I just don't think anyone listens to him. Combine that with Vidic who has just joined us, there is going to miscommunication in the box at times. The lack of a central midfield is and was our greatest weakest against Liverpool. Until Ferguson or the next manager gets that right, we will lose silly goals and lose games that we should really be head to head with winning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom