FA Cup weekend and other football games *SPOILERS*

Permabanned
fozzybear said:
What i would say is that Bolton fans don't deserve any success. The stadium was half full today (if that!). It's not as if it was on TV either. They're a disgrace.

Horwich FC, the stadium is in a stupid place.

Soldato
Tom0 said:
Was the ref in the MUFC game born in Liverpool?, because he's biased as you like in this first half

I was at the game and i like to think im a fairly unbiased fan when it comes to refereeing, you guys definitely had the calls from the ref for the whole game, agreed he let a few of our players off lightly but many of yours were let off a lot more than lightly. Im VERY suprised you didnt finish with 10 men.

Also two quotes from the bbc message board which gives you an idea of how bad a break it is, doesnt sound good:

Just heard from a mate who works at the hospital Smith is in, the break is really bad, he's shattered the ankle joint and there is a 50/50 chance they may have to amputate due to the complexity of the dislocation and break, definately looks like his career is over, best wishes to Alan and his family.

i'm just passing on what i hear first hand, this is the situation, the x-ray showed how bad the beak is, and seriously it sounds like his ankle joint is virtually splinters of bone, now, if they open it up there is a very serious chance of not being able to garuntee it not to get infected. Basically they are preparing for the worst which you have to in this situation, personally i think he'll be fine but the break in his leg prevents any reconstructive plates and bolts being put in until that is healed. Every time the area is re-opened within the first 6 weeks there is a massive risk of infecting that area and without a fully working joint the blood flow is restricted, oh i'll shut up now, my bet is that he'll be back by XMAS, good luck Al!!!!!

Best wishes to Smith

Soldato
Also two quotes from the bbc message board which gives you an idea of how bad a break it is, doesnt sound good:

Sounds like BS to me.

Having seen the replay on TV it looks fairly innocuous, though without doubt a nasty injury. If it is as bad as that guy was saying then it's severe bad luck, if he's making it up he is quite frankly the lowest of the low and should be ashamed of himself.

Soldato
The Edge said:
Sounds like BS to me.

Having seen the replay on TV it looks fairly innocuous, though without doubt a nasty injury. If it is as bad as that guy was saying then it's severe bad luck, if he's making it up he is quite frankly the lowest of the low and should be ashamed of himself.

Two different people with similar stories, lets hope it is BS though.

Soldato
Southampton down to 10 men since their keeper got stretchered off and they used all their subs.

Blackstock has gone in and looks about as nervous as anyone i've ever seen.

Hope the fella is ok, dont want more than one serious injury in one day.

Cracking Save by him then in fact, Luque had a very quick freekick and good reactions to get it away

Soldato
Just heard about the Smith injury thing.
I havnt seen footage (link anyone?), but it sounds v.bad.

Was it a tackle that caused it, or something else, the 'reports' arnt clear on it.

Good luck to him. Ive allways been a fan of the lad.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Just heard about the Smith injury thing.
I havnt seen footage (link anyone?), but it sounds v.bad.

Was it a tackle that caused it, or something else, the 'reports' arnt clear on it.

Good luck to him. Ive allways been a fan of the lad.

Its really not worth looking for footage, you couldnt see anything, he tucked his foot underneath himself.

He slid in to block Riise and went down on his ankle at a really bad angle which obviously twisted it and caused the damage

Soldato
Well I went to the Sheffield Derby. I'm a little concerned about the Wednesday fans more than anything. They seem to think it's the end of the world. At the end of the day we lost to a side that's going to get promoted, and were far from played off the park. Not sure of UTD were below par, but they didn't look to be 16 places better than us.

Either way, we'll survive, 11 more games to go, 5 points clear of relegation. Could deffinately be worse !

Anyone else go?

Back
Top Bottom