Facebook comment ban

Soldato
I got a 24 hr ban on facebook for the following

fb user” its sad to think that in 2021 racism is still happening”
Me” don’t be naive racism will always exist in some form”

I am shocked, my comment isn’t racist its being candid. Yes racism is horrible so is bullying, murdering ect. What does gd think?

Soldato
I got a 24 hr ban on facebook for the following

fb user” its sad to think that in 2021 racism is still happening”
Me” don’t be naive racism will always exist in some form”

I am shocked, my comment isn’t racist its being candid. Yes racism is horrible so is bullying, murdering ect. What does gd think?

You've just been cancelled :cry:

Capodecina
Soldato
Your problem is being on that ****show Facebook in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I have an account too because I need it for research. But it's a terrible place and I try to use it as seldom as I can.

EDIT: To answer your question, will racism always exist? We cannot categorically say yes or no, but we can say, given the history of our species and the way things currently are, in all likelihood it will continue to exist for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Number 1, Facebook is absolutely amazing if you use it for the things you need.

About two months ago I had a go at a paedo who was discussing sex with 10 year olds and then said he wanted to do things with my wife's face.
I called him a *** you've been here long enough now that you should know that swearing should be fully starred out *** nonce and I got a 24 hour ban.
I contacted Facebook and asked why he hadn't been banned accepting that I should for my outburst and they said I broke their rules but he hadn't.
I then contacted another place that deals with Facebook stuff and they replied that I broke the rules and he didn't.

Lesson, use Facebook for the good stuff.

Soldato
OP it's probably some computer program that can't see the context.

Last week I got my first social media ban on twitter for 12 hours, for telling a thug who wanted to beat someone up, that why doesn't he beat himself up instead.

I got the 12 hour ban for the promotion of self harm.

Soldato
OP it's probably some computer program that can't see the context.

Last week I got my first social media ban on twitter for 12 hours, for telling a thug who wanted to beat someone up, that why doesn't he beat himself up instead.

I got the 12 hour ban for the promotion of self harm.

Yeah ... faceache are trying to use AI models for this kind of thing, but the problem is the training data they're using is a crock of poo (i.e their own content !), so the usual rule of garbage in, garbage out applies.

Soldato
I got a 30 day ban recently...

Someone joined a local basel expat group and made a post asking about why people wanted to leave basel and to share their stories. It turned out this person has been doing this in many expat groups and uses the content for youtube videos but doesn't tell the people she's getting info from.
Somoeone called them out, and they put this disclaimer at the bottom saying "this might potentially could end up in a video" when it was its full intention.

My comment was something like "Not being funny but this sort of thing makes you look a bit like a **** Star it out fully please" 30day ban :D It's still true though, but apparently bullying and harassment, which it is not. It's all gone down hill now, and if it wasn't for my business pages I'd have shut it down ages ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Number 1, Facebook is absolutely amazing if you use it for the things you need.

About two months ago I had a go at a paedo who was discussing sex with 10 year olds and then said he wanted to do things with my wife's face.
I called him a ******* nonce and I got a 24 hour ban.
I contacted Facebook and asked why he hadn't been banned accepting that I should for my outburst and they said I broke their rules but he hadn't.
I then contacted another place that deals with Facebook stuff and they replied that I broke the rules and he didn't.

Lesson, use Facebook for the good stuff.

I’m not on Facebook, nor have I ever been, but I feel that the lesson you might have learned from that
exchange would be, was it a good idea in joining Facebook in the first place?

Soldato
don’t be naive racism will always exist in some form
I personally think you were banned for an attrocious lack of punctuation and capitalisation.... :p

Jokes aside, what you wrote about racism could be interpreted by the wrong person as advocating it... in the same way that, for example, saying "Rock n Roll will never die" is a similar endorsement.
I know that's not what you were saying, but that never matters - It's always about how someone else chooses to interpret your words.

Soldato
I use fb for the good stuff, like keeping in touch with friends (a lot of whom I haven't see for 18 months!)
Ignore the rubbish, don't get dawn into herp derp 'debates' and arguments on the internet.

Caporegime
You have to realise that the leftists envisage a world where racism and anything they deem offensive doesn't exist at all, presumably because actions and speech are so tightly controlled that nobody dare do or say anything they aren't allowed to - but it's a utopia to them.

It's like you say, you'll always get a few bad apples but in the leftist utopia they've most likely been genocided along with all of the other lovers of individual freedom, you can't have freedom without the freedom to offend people.

The best thing to do is forget about racial difference and unite behind commonalities like nationality or the fact that we all belong to the human race but with groups like BLM constantly reminding people to stay in their own lane what hope is there of that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom